• This is a small thing and has probably been answered somewhere, but I’ve not yet found it…

On page 21 of the rules it says for ANZAC’s National Objectives:
    “Gain 5 IPCs (one time) for occupying any island or territory originally Japanese.”  (Italics mine.)

What does that particular “originally” mean?  Does that mean only territories that originally have Japanese roundels printed on the board, territories that have Japanese roundels on them at the start of the game (thus adding a number of Chinese territories), any territory that the Japanese possessed at one time in the game, or finally, any territory that ANZAC took from the Japanese–regardless of whether the Japanese owned it at the start of the game?

• Official Q&A

A power’s original territories are those which have their emblem printed on them.  At the beginning of the game, Japan controls some territories which were originally Chinese.

ANZAC gains this NO by occupying (having units in) any territory with a Japanese emblem printed on it.  ANZAC need not necessarily control the territory.

• @Krieghund:

A power’s original territories are those which have their emblem printed on them.  At the beginning of the game, Japan controls some territories which were originally Chinese.

ANZAC gains this NO by occupying (having units in) any territory with a Japanese emblem printed on it.  ANZAC need not necessarily control the territory.

Thanks, that helps and is what I thought the intent of “originally” would be.

When you say “occupying (having units in)” you are referring to land units only, correct?  Or would placing aircraft on a former original Japanese zone now possessed by an ally also count?  And if any land units…does this include an AA gun?  (since AA guns can halt blitzing tanks and such.)

• Bump for the follow up question about air units and/or AA guns getting the bonus from moving into originally Japanese sphere territories that allies occup.

• Official Q&A

Since the type of unit is not specified, any land or air unit will work.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m