Plundered money after fall of England.

• Okay so say the UK falls to sealion, but say the UK has a big force in the Med and they sack Rome. With their income gone what would happen to the Italian income?

• Customizer

The UK still gets the plundered Italian money, they just can’t do anything with it until London is liberated.

This would be the best situation if you had to lose your capital.  Since USA moves right before UK (no Axis in between), assuming USA will liberate London, UK will have money to spend right away to buy units to keep London safe.  Normally when you lose your capital and it is liberated by an Ally, you have nothing to buy units with your first round but you collect your normal income.  In the case of London, say USA liberates them, it’s possible that Germany has enough transports and troops to take it back next German turn, thus plundering the London treasury again.

• Sponsor

@Dylan:

Okay so say the UK falls to sealion, but say the UK has a big force in the Med and they sack Rome. With their income gone what would happen to the Italian income?

I believe UK can still spend the Italian money on units, and place them on Quebec or South Africa. The only thing I may be wrong about is some stipulation about needing your own capital to take another capitals money (putting it in limbo), but I don’t think such a clause exists.

• Customizer

No, according to the rules, once your capital is captured, you can’t purchase units or make repairs.  You skip right to the Combat Movement phase.

Of course, it also says you can’t collect income, but I’m pretty sure that is just the normal income from your controlled territories.  That doesn’t include plundering an enemy capital.  That money should stay in your account until your capital is liberated.

• Sponsor

@knp7765:

No, according to the rules, once your capital is captured, you can’t purchase units or make repairs.  You skip right to the Combat Movement phase.

Of course, it also says you can’t collect income, but I’m pretty sure that is just the normal income from your controlled territories.  That doesn’t include plundering an enemy capital.  That money should stay in your account until your capital is liberated.

Good to know.

• Official Q&A

@knp7765:

Correct.  Plundered IPCs are not income, as they are not collected in the Collect Income phase.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m