• If UK is not at war with Japan, but decides to attack them early, can the UK player land planes in French Indo China after an attack on the Japs. Also, if Japan then decides to attack the planes in French Indo China, do they lose the 10 IPC NO because they attacked that territory? Thanks.

• @KillOFzee:

If UK is not at war with Japan, but decides to attack them early, can the UK player land planes in French Indo China after an attack on the Japs.

The UK player can land planes in FIC, even if they don’t attack or even declare war on Japan providing their planes do not fly over a chinese territory (doing so would require a declaration).  FIC is a friendly territory (UK and France are both allies, UK and France start the game at war with Germany/Italy), and as Japan starts at war with China, aircraft of both powers can fly freely over each others territories (again, providing the UK isn’t flying over chinese territories).

Assuming as you stated they do declare war, then absolutely yes, and they’re free to fly over chinese territories as well.

@KillOFzee:

Also, if Japan then decides to attack the planes in French Indo China, do they lose the 10 IPC NO because they attacked that territory? Thanks.

Yes. However, they can attack ANY other UK units and not suffer the loss of the FIC NO, until the US enters the war (end of US 3, most likely, if the UK attacks preemptively).

• Correct me if I am wrong, but it is pretty much setup so that the only way Japan can unleash its fury on the UK/Anzac and not instigate USA early is for the UK/Anzac to attack Japan or move a unit into or over a Chinese territory.

• Customizer

@Spendo02:

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is pretty much setup so that the only way Japan can unleash its fury on the UK/Anzac and not instigate USA early is for the UK/Anzac to attack Japan or move a unit into or over a Chinese territory.

Yes, you are correct.  I would also add it’s kind of a silly thing for UK/ANZAC to do.  I had a game once where I was Japan and our UK player got all bold and attacked Japan first round.  Then I had two full rounds to send my powerful navy down, smash their stuff and take their lands without having to worry about the US sticking their nose in.

• @knp7765:

I would also add it’s kind of a silly thing for UK/ANZAC to do.

No doubt. especially as the OP was proposing landing UK planes (not enough of those) in a territory with no fodder defense.

If the UK ever lays out a delicious snack like their precious India fighters and the only cost will be a 10 IPC national objective and some japanese fodder infantry…  snarf.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m