• Hi,

I’ve read several times that with OOB-Rules a sealion against UK is easy with the Axis. Unfortunately I’ve no idea and I didn’t find a game or post with more detailed information how to set up (buys / combats / tips & tricks) for the sealion.  :?

Is there already a thread explaining how to successfully conduct sealion in detail with OOB-rules?

If no, would someone be so kind as to explain it (not necessarily every step, but if possible a bit more than “it is no problem if you focus on that target”)

Thanks & kind regards
    Stefan

• kill UK navy, build max on transports round 2 (try to gain maximum cash, don’t know it normandy or s-france can be taken) and invade round 3. i think it’s most essential to take down british navy around england; some say canadian transport too (znd thus possible sacrificing a fighter)
    try to build G1 1 AC, and perhaps sub +transport/destroyer.

• Thank you for your answer.

If you don’t kill the fleet beneath the Canadian coast the English transport there can bring 2 more units from Canada to UK for defense. For this reason I think it is recommended to kill that fleet too.

The question for me is the decisive difference. In the past we’ve tried Sealion 3 times and we’ve followed your rules to a large extent (maybe bought too less transport ships on G2). But it doesn’t seem to be enough. If UK buys only ground forces, our gameplay does not seem to be sufficient to conduct a successful Sealion.  :|

Could someone give some details to be successful? Maybe a game played online annotated here?

Kind regards
    Stefan

• you have 1 transport at start, czn build atleast 9 morve G2 and on G1 there’s room for 2 and AC
    (alpha 2 atleast)
    you can also land in scotland G2 with few transports, just unloading inf. or attack G4 after landing with all transports in scotland first (not that advisable)

• why would you say it isn’t advisable to attack Germany R4? doesn’t it save a ton of money in German planes and ground units.

• if you take england G3, the tanks can be moved back to germany/poland, just in time so russians won’t advance too much (they’ll be making near 50 probably…)

• If you attack G3 you won’t have any tanks left but 1. I don’t see how attacking R3 doesn’t result in the loss of most of Germany’s air power, plus the loss of 5 out of 6 tanks sent to london for the attack. I just let Russia have a bunch of territories in Germany and take london for the loss of much less units. You can always threaten a G3 attack on london and get russia to place a lot of units on their boarder with germany on Russia R2. Then on Germany R3 attack Russia’s units instead and go ahead with a R4 sea lion.

• Customizer

• @theROCmonster:

If you attack G3 you won’t have any tanks left but 1. I don’t see how attacking R3 doesn’t result in the loss of most of Germany’s air power, plus the loss of 5 out of 6 tanks sent to london for the attack. I just let Russia have a bunch of territories in Germany and take london for the loss of much less units. You can always threaten a G3 attack on london and get russia to place a lot of units on their boarder with germany on Russia R2. Then on Germany R3 attack Russia’s units instead and go ahead with a R4 sea lion.

hehe, i have on average bout 8 tanks, all planes (except the ones lost at AA gun of course) and most likely some airplanes
    i attack with 26 männer, brits have bit less i think and i can have a lot more fighters and such.

• Thanks for the whole discussion. It shows me that Sea lion isn’t that clear as it maybe looks like. Especially the virtual game from jim and its discussion shows many interesting points.
    :-D

• Customizer

Keep in mind, that thread was for OOB, and it was well over a year ago.

The basic plan is still the same, but many have come up with their own variations that improve the odds in the battles significantly.  I have tweaked it many times and have much better odds now on London in the 90% range.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m