• Wouldn’t it be cheaper as Japan to build a major in Kwang turn 2 and start turning out infantry/art hit absorbing fodder stacks aimed at India and China turn 3 instead of building a naval base in Hainan and a bunch of trannies for a shuck from Japan?

Does anyone build mainland factories? Would it be too hard to defend from the US later?

• Sponsor

After I capture Calcutta, I like building a minor in FIC (because that’s where I built the bases I needed to sack India J4), but often the India factory is enough, and income needs to be spent in Tokyo for when the US come knocking. It also depends on how many jap transports survive late in the game. If your plan is a bowling ball strategy through China toward Stalingrad, than buy 2 factories for the coast.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I don’t think you can build one there Jeff… atleast not by the Alpha rulesets…

• I meant Kiangsu the one with 3….my bad

• My thought was would it be possible with a major in Shanghi to slow push masses of infantry/art backed by planes to India on turn seven (5 spots away from a turn 2 build), and focus the rest of efforts and starting transports and fleet on the money islands or neutering ANZAC?

Just brainstorming for a game tomorrow.

• What Garg meant was under the alpha rules you cannot build an major IC in a territory that you didn’t begin the game with that is over 3ipcs…and isn’t an island.  This drastically limits the locations for Major IC’s.

• Sponsor

@JimmyHat:

What Garg meant was under the alpha rules you cannot build an major IC in a territory that you didn’t begin the game with that is over 3ipcs…and isn’t an island.  This drastically limits the locations for Major IC’s.

What JimmyHat meant is, under the Alpha rules, a power can only build a Major factory on original territories with a value of 3 IPCs or higher. So even though Japan begins the game controlling Kiangsu and even though it has a value of 3 IPCs, Kiangsu is a Chinese original territory. Therefore, Japan may never build an Major IC there, in fact the only eligible territory for Japan to build a Major is Korea.

• Man I loved the old AA50 days where the rules were simpler…

I like this map loads better and it looks great on my pool table, but hate the complex rule set and political rules…

Thanks for the help everyone…

• Sponsor

@Jeff28:

Man I loved the old AA50 days where the rules were simpler…

I like this map loads better and it looks great on my pool table, but hate the complex rule set and political rules…

Thanks for the help everyone…

I enjoy learning the rules, so in that sense, I don’t mind the complexity.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m