• Could someone explain to me how the new AA rules work? I thought I read somewhere they had changed the rules.

• Sponsor

@SSPanther:

Could someone explain to me how the new AA rules work? I thought I read somewhere they had changed the rules.

There are two types of AA guns:

1. those that are built in to facilities in order to defend against strategic bombing raids (not changed)

2. and those that defend against air attacks on territories they occupy (changed)

AA Guns are no longer “1 per territory units”, multiple AA Guns may now occupy the same territory, as reflected in the new setup. Ex: 4 AA Guns in London England.

Each AA Gun receives a maximum 3@1 to shot down attacking air units, however, if there are less air units attacking than the total amount of dice per gun, than the AA Guns only fire the total number of air units attacking. Ex: Germany attacks London with 14 air units, therefore the UK player receives only the maximum amount of shots for 4 Guns which is 12@1. If Germany attacks with 7 air units, than the UK player receives only 7 dice @1 for 4 Guns.

After AA guns have fired at attacking air units (if any) they may be used as casualties during an ensuing land battle. If land units attack a territory with only AA Guns defending, they are defenseless and are removed from the board without rolling dice.

I hope this helps.

• @Young:

After AA guns have fired at attacking air units (if any) they may be used as casualties during an ensuing land battle. If land units attack a territory with only AA Guns defending, they are defenseless and are removed from the board without rolling dice.

pretty sure it’s not just a land unit.  A single air unit can clear an infinite number of AA guns, assuming it makes it past that single die roll.

• Sponsor

@kcdzim:

@Young:

pretty sure it’s not just a land unit.  A single air unit can clear an infinite number of AA guns, assuming it makes it past that single die roll.

Interesting, clears them, but doesn’t take the territory.

• @Young:

@kcdzim:

@Young:

Interesting, clears them, but doesn’t take the territory.

Yep.  Never leave AA guns alone, just as you never leave transports alone.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m