• '21 '18 '17 '15

Everybody seems to be painting their pieces,  i am doing the same, not as classy and sophisticated as some of the artists here but, the end result looks better than oob  :-) Not historically accurate and my colour shemes are off, i dont bother with mixing colours, whatever is close enough.
    Comments and critics welcome as long as its helpful.
    I am still not allowed to post pictures or links unfortunately, just add the http:

//s134.photobucket.com/albums/q89/dangermouse650/Axis and Allies Global/

Ongoing and will probably never finish it, especially when all the new units come out from FMG andHBG.  :-D
    Could one of the mods help out with the links please….

• Customizer

Hello.  Wanted to check out your minis but that link isn’t getting me anywhere…  :|

• Customizer

Just checked out your minis… and hey, I’ve slapped some paint on a few pieces before and I have to say these are really cool.  Love the color schemes on the U.S. aircraft - and you’ve bothered to do what I call ‘lining’ the detail. You also chose the early war U.S. insignia - which I think is really nifty.  And boo ya! Managed to get some slogans and names on thr U.K. and U.S. armor.  Check this out folks, its a treat.  :-D

• '17 '16 '13 '12

Looks good!

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Thank you, the europe board is ready for battle now, really annoyed that they chose russian units for the french??? What were they thinking.  Will be starting on the pacific set soon, of course will have to do the italians again when fmg’s units come in. More practice and learning new tricks as i go. Those slogans are tricky, so fragile, lost a few.

• '14

They look great! Nice detail!

• Very impressive! Nice work!

I can’t imagine the time you must have put into these!

• very cool and very impressive!

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Thanks for the compliments guys, i appreciate it.  I have been trying to work on finishing a nation each week but work and family commitments eat away my time as well, but i can usually manage a couple hours each night.  One of my sons sits with me and paints his army men as well  :-D

• Customizer

@dangermouse650:

One of my sons sits with me and paints his army men as well  :-D

EH eh eh - that’s awesome!

• '21 '18 '17 '15

When i opened the japanese box i was a bit surprised by how many pieces were there, i guess it works out the same considering that the uk and the us are divided on 2 boards. Has taken me a while, still have some minor details to finish but available to look at.
                all the www

mediafire.com/?jgdnzy70gn74x

• Customizer

Those are excellent!  Love the tanks especially - nice camo, aircraft as well.  Know what you’re saying about the sheer numbers to be painted, at a glance it is daunting…  :wink:

• Just curious, Dangermouse, why didn’t you post a link that was working ?
    Now I have to do a lot of work if I wanna have a look.
    Just saying.

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Cause this stupid forum wont let me post links, copy link and paste onto the www in your address bar
    Ok i have just made a link, click the website icon on the left under my profile name, that should take you there…

• Awesome painting job, I’ve fallen so in love with it, I’m going to paint all mine as well!

question, where did you find the stands for the fighters/bombers.  I saw some stands like those on a website but wasn’t sure the size needed :(

• '21 '18 '17 '15

The stands i made with furniture buttons and a nail. My carriers and planes have magnets on them so they stick to both.  :-) I did buy stands from 2 different places but the bases take up too much room, so the furniture buttons work well, got the idea from another fellow who painted his units…. :-D

• Very Awesome mate! I love the desert colors, very very cool, I’d love to do this myself and hopefully I’ll be able to find the time.
    I was wondering about the stands myself. Are they rubber that you paint? Also, is that a bi-plane I see in with your french pieces?

Also, if you were wondering why Japan has so few Tac Bombers it’s because the Pacfic game ships with 6 less and the wrong battle board. If you e-mail Wizards of the Coast they should send you replacements. I was able to get mine without having to provided a recpit. Simply explained I’d gotten the games as a christmas present.

As I’m not allowed to post links either go to Wizards.com and under contact us there is an e-mail selection on the left side click it and then in the search bar type in “Axis & Allies Pacific” And you should be able to find it.

C

• Sponsor '17 TripleA '11 '10

Fantastic work! I noticed the bi planes as well and want to know… plus in the US air fleet there are P-40s and P-51s. What’s up there? Did you modify some Spitfires and MiGs? You must let us know as they came out great!

• '21 '18 '17 '15

Thanks fellas, the extra planes i got through  " brookhursthobbies dot com" and “tumblingdice dot com”, yes swordfish and typhoons for the brits, america just wasn’t complete without p40’s p51’s and corsairs, there are 2 avengers there as well. Have recently received some b25’s, p47’s and some french d520’s to add to the mix. I found the site through reference from one of the other fellow painters here and have enjoyed expanding my collection. Lots more parts to come yet.
          Thanks for the info carnage, have just sent them an email.
         My aircraft stands, i originally drilled little holes in the aircraft to mount them on the nails but then it formed on me to just use the magnets like i do on the carriers and the fighters. The magnet is a rubber strip less than 1mm thick.

• magnet on one side and sticky on the other, i was wondering how ya did that with the carriers as well… mmm

!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m