Field Marshal COMBAT UNITS - GERMANY *PRE-ORDER*

• '10

With Field Marshal COMBAT UNITS - ITALY being released and shipped any day now, it is time to open up pre-order for the next installment in the COMBAT UNITS series.

We would like to thank everyone who pre-ordered ITALY.  This project would not be possible without your continued support.

The first 1000 sets of GERMANY UNITS will be made in GREY to match the FMG COMBAT DICE.  Although the ITALY UNITS have gained a lot of press…  the GERMANY UNITS are sure to be very popular and sell out FAST.  Support the project and ensure you get your set FIRST by making a pre-order.

The product page can be found here:
    http://www.fieldmarshalgames.com/product/field-marshal-combat-units-germany/
    If you have not yet ordered COMBAT UNITS - ITALY, you can pre-order GERMANY also and save on shipping!

Once again: I can NOT guarantee a release date on this product.  All pre-orders are FINAL and will not be refunded.  All funds from the pre-order will be used to fund the FMG PIECES PROJECT, and not be used for any other purposes.

Thank you again for your support of FMG and this project.  Without pre-orders and community support, this would not be possible.

Jeremy
    GERUNIT.jpg

• gonna have to wait till its black =/

• '10

@Lunarwolf:

gonna have to wait till its black =/

We can’t make Black until we sell the 1000 sets of Grey… Sorry  :-(

• I am so glad you went with grey first. I ordered 6 sets and waited like 20 years for a return of the normal German colored pieces.

I will order 6 in black once they are ready too.

• '18 '17 '16 '15 '13 '12 '11

Pre-ordered two sets.  :-)

J.  8-)

• Customizer

On iPhone now… Have to wait till I get to a PC to look/order but I’m in for 2 Greys minimum.

• TripleA '12

Hey Jeremy,

Where exactly are we with the creation of COMBAT UNITS - GERMANY? Have all the sculpts been given their final approval by you? Are you ready to go into production? Do you have any final sample photographs please?

Many thanks.  :-)

• Customizer

I have pre-ordered 5 sets myself.  I will get 5 sets of the black pieces when they are available as well.  I originally just wanted black because I had planned on mixing them with OOB pieces, but seeing the much better detail of the FMG pieces, not sure I want to do that now.

Also, I agree with IL, German units should be in grey.  Black should be reserved for special units like the SS.  In some copies of Revised, WOTC had the Germans in a medium/dark grey color which I believe is close to what FMG’s grey will be.  It’s a shame they didn’t stick with that color for Germany.

• '10

@Lozmoid:

Hey Jeremy,

Where exactly are we with the creation of COMBAT UNITS - GERMANY? Have all the sculpts been given their final approval by you? Are you ready to go into production? Do you have any final sample photographs please?

Many thanks.  :-)

The final sculpts are approved and we are about to send to the foundry to make the mould.  We are father ahead on GERMANY than we were when we issued the ITALY pre-order back in February.

• '12

February?? I preorder my Italian sets on Nov 16th 2010. I tried to preorder yhe german but your website doesnt even recognize my email address???

• re-register like i did

• @georgemak1:

February?? I preorder my Italian sets on Nov 16th 2010. I tried to preorder yhe german but your website doesnt even recognize my email address???

Change of hosting/database a little while back … gotta re-register (but the previous Italy/Combat Dice pre-orders are all saved).

• I hope so.  I pre-ordered back in November of 2010 myself!  :|

• I just pre-ordered 2 sets.  Sure miss the pre-order discount and bonus dice offer.  $39.99 each seems steep.  Then $10.95 shipping on top of that.  Ouch.  I really want the units, but holy cow.  2 sets for each country and at this rate I’ll have spent 6 times as much on pieces as I did on the original games.  Of course I have no idea how much the cost is to make these, but I do know from experience it doesn’t cost $11.00 to ship this to anyone in the continental USA if you use USPS first class with order delivery confirmation.  That would cost $2-$3 at most.  UPS is just not reasonable for small packages.  Before anyone blasts me, I’m not mad and I made a decision to buy these regardless of the cost.  I’m just expressing my opinion.  I firmly believe FMG deserves to make money on this project based on the time and headaches they have dealt with, and based on HBG pieces at $8.95 for 28 pieces, 150 pieces at $39.99 isn’t far off.  It just seems like a bunch when you spend it at one time.  And I will buy all the sets, so I can’t be all that concerned.  I just felt special when we were given a discount by helping the project with preorders.  And Thanks FMG for doing this.  i am very excited about pieces.  Please don’t read to much into my comments.

• type Rommel and get $5 off.

• Customizer

@boboshonda:

I just pre-ordered 2 sets.  Sure miss the pre-order discount and bonus dice offer.  $39.99 each seems steep.  Then $10.95 shipping on top of that.  Ouch.  I really want the units, but holy cow.  2 sets for each country and at this rate I’ll have spent 6 times as much on pieces as I did on the original games.  Of course I have no idea how much the cost is to make these, but I do know from experience it doesn’t cost $11.00 to ship this to anyone in the continental USA if you use USPS first class with order delivery confirmation.  That would cost $2-$3 at most.  UPS is just not reasonable for small packages.  Before anyone blasts me, I’m not mad and I made a decision to buy these regardless of the cost.  I’m just expressing my opinion.  I firmly believe FMG deserves to make money on this project based on the time and headaches they have dealt with, and based on HBG pieces at $8.95 for 28 pieces, 150 pieces at $39.99 isn’t far off.  It just seems like a bunch when you spend it at one time.  And I will buy all the sets, so I can’t be all that concerned.  I just felt special when we were given a discount by helping the project with preorders.  And Thanks FMG for doing this.  i am very excited about pieces.  Please don’t read to much into my comments.

Yeah, $10.95 for shipping is a little steep if it’s just for a couple of sets of combat units but you have to remember, FMG charges this same price for everything they ship, even whole games.  Back when we were first getting Europe 1940, I ordered 2 copies and only paid 1 shipping price (I think it was $8.95 back then).  So when you look at it that way, it’s really quite a bargain.
    Also, FMG uses UPS because they are based in Canada.  I don’t think they can actually use USPS but would have to use Canada Post.  Either way, it would be quite more expensive than UPS even for small packages.  Have you ever tried mailing something to Canada?  The price shoots up dramatically just to go over the border.  Then there are those stupid customs forms to deal with.  While I am not familiar with Canada Post, I imagine it’s not that much different from USPS.  It’s really silly;  you can ship something to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico or Guam cheaper than just right over the border into Canada or Mexico.

• Thanks KNP.  I didn’t realize until you said this that they were based out of Canada.  That makes much more sense.  I have ordered quite a few things from FMG and somehow it slipped past me they were from Canada.  Well, I can’t wait until I have filled my Ammo box with the FMG pieces.  Maybe I need to buy other items each time now that I know the shipping is a flat rate!

• '10

I know you’re not complaining, just pointing out that it was more expensive than you had anticipated, but $10.95 is nothing compared to having it sent to Australia. My shipping cost is $55.

I’m not complaining either, just putting it in perspective.

• '10

We struggle to keep shipping costs down.  As we are shipping from Canada…  I think our prices on UPS and delivery times are quite remarkable (considering it is an international shipment)

We “win / lose” with our flat rate shipping.  On some orders we will make $1…  others we lose a $1.  But I think it is the best we can do for our US customers with access to USPS services (Which operates at a loss by the way)

• @FieldMarshalGames:

We struggle to keep shipping costs down.  As we are shipping from Canada…  I think our prices on UPS and delivery times are quite remarkable (considering it is an international shipment)

We “win / lose” with our flat rate shipping.  On some orders we will make $1…   others we lose a $1.  But I think it is the best we can do for our US customers with access to USPS services (Which operates at a loss by the way)

The last time I looked at shipping pieces to the US via CanadaPost/USPS, it was going to be almost $10 anyway.  Just looking up the smallest package rate with the lightest weight on their website shows how insane some of the costs of shipping are.  And that’s not even expedited service or insured/verified.  Just regular parcel mail.

UPS from Canada to the US is probably cheaper in most cases.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m