11L LL(+19) v Gamerman01(x) '41 no tech

• The new force on the block, Lucky Lindy, has challenged Gamer to a 2011 league game.
    It has been agreed the pace may be quite slow (but no doubt will be daily at times).
    Lucky wins bid for Allies at 19, and elects fighter to Bry and 3 infantry to Egypt.

Game will start soon (prob today), and map is attached.

Here’s to a fun game for all
    11L_LL(19)_v_Gamerman01_1941_start.AAM

• Fire when ready!

Cheers

• '16 '15 '10

19 placement bid?  You’re a brave Gamer Gamerman!

• @Zhukov44:

19 placement bid?  You’re a brave Gamer Gamerman!

When I saw you had last post, I figured it would be something like this.

I’m smoking DD and gave him a 13 bid.  I have not lost a single game all year with the Axis, and that’s the only side I ever get, because I won’t bid people down.  I think the Axis have a major advantage, and will continue to think so until someone smokes me.  Very few people agree with my assessment on this, but I just laugh.  I’m on pace to be about 13-1 in 1941 this year, all with Axis, all with bids of 10 or more, and most of them weren’t even close.

So I don’t think I’m brave, or stupid.  I think 20 is fair.  But thanks for the comment - I welcome them from you.

• :-) NO DOUBT you are one of the very few players on this site, Zhukov, who could be fearsome with the Allies in 1941.  With 95% of the players I meet up with, I am fully comfortable spotting them 20.  Before I would take the Allies, I would want like a sub, 2 destroyers, 4 infantry, and a fighter.  Or two.  Yeah, I think it’s that unbalanced.

See also my first round tournament game against a self-proclaimed Revised tourney winner.  I dismantled him.

Again, until somebody actually beats me (without great luck - and the one game I’m struggling in this year I had a bad start with the dice, plus I underestimated my first-time opponent and so was not real careful at first) with the Allies, I will continue to give them (so called) big handicaps.  :-)

Cheers - again, always good to hear the veteran’s opinions, so drop in anytime.  Anytime.

• Sorry, but this is a pet issue of mine.  Bugs me how people make such a HUGE deal out of bids, when in all of my experience, they rarely make a significant difference (one exception - game I’m struggling in, he put all 12 bid on the Russian’s western front, and then he got lucky with dice on top of that in the first round or 2 - and that was significant then)

The Allies start with 606 TUV.  19 extra (even strategically placed) would be a 3.1% increase.  Ooooooohhhh, you know?  :-)

No disrespect meant to Lucky, but watch me win this game handily, Zhuk.

• Yeah I got one more thing to say.  When you’ve played the Axis about 14 straight times over 9 months, you’re Axis game is stronger than your Allied game.  So why would I want to bid the Allies down to 12 and get stuck with the losers?  :lol:

• BTW Luck, Zhuk and I have played a couple games of AA50 (I think one each side) and split them.  1942 scenario, I think.  They were really good games.  Zhuk and I both are quite fond of winning, so we don’t exactly beg each other for games.  :lol:

• '16 '15 '10

Yeah I was just teasing you a bit.

As you say, I don’t like to lose either so I’m usually Axis in these forum games, since most people on here aren’t willing to give up the bid I ask for.

Fair is fair, lol. 19 is 19, I’ve never seen the bid go THAT high.  It’s probably a record high on these forums.

• @Zhukov44:

Yeah I was just teasing you a bit.

As you say, I don’t like to lose either so I’m usually Axis in these forum games, since most people on here aren’t willing to give up the bid I ask for.

Fair is fair, lol. 19 is 19, I’ve never seen the bid go THAT high.  It’s probably a record high on these forums.

I am very easy to rile up, I’m afraid.  :oops:
    I’m sure it is a record, yes.  Gaming is for fun, and I’m having fun!!  See you around, man!  Like I said, you are welcome to poke into any of my games any time and drop your 2 cents.

• I’m getting caught up.  Just made 3 moves, so time for a break.  Intending on starting this one off - hopefully this afternoon.

• G1 with 31, buy 2 INF, ARM, AA, CV

Combat moves -
    Z6 - SS (Z5) FTR (NWE)
    Z2 - BMB (Ger) FTR (Nwy) SS (Z7)
    Z9 - SS (Z7)
    Ukr - 3 INF, ART, 2 ARM (Bul)
    EPl - INF, ARM, FTR (Pol) FTR (Ger)
    BSt - INF (NWE) ART (Ger) CA (Z5) 3 INF, ART, ARM (Pol) 2 ARM (Cze)

BStDiceRolls: 2@1 4@2 4@3; Total Hits: 62@1: (6, 6)4@2: (4, 1, 1, 2)4@3: (5, 3, 3, 3)DiceRolls: 3@2; Total Hits: 13@2: (2, 6, 6)

• EPlDiceRolls: 1@1 3@3; Total Hits: 11@1: (6)3@3: (6, 3, 5)DiceRolls: 2@2; Total Hits: 12@2: (2, 6)

• Uh oh
    EPl2DiceRolls: 3@3; Total Hits: 23@3: (4, 2, 3)DiceRolls: 1@2; Total Hits: 01@2: (5)

• Yay
    UkrDiceRolls: 2@1 2@2 2@3; Total Hits: 32@1: (3, 1)2@2: (6, 4)2@3: (1, 3)DiceRolls: 2@2; Total Hits: 12@2: (1, 6)

• You got your hit in on all 3 at least
    Z9DiceRolls: 10@2; Total Hits: 510@2: (1, 2, 1, 4, 3, 5, 1, 3, 3, 2)DiceRolls: 10@2; Total Hits: 210@2: (6, 4, 4, 2, 4, 6, 3, 5, 1, 4)Attacker is always listed first…. First to hit

• Ooohh…. That 19 bid is looking more necessary all the time.  I always say first round dice matter way more than any silly little bid.  Love bidding tho - great way to determine sides.
    Z2DiceRolls: 1@2 1@3 1@4; Total Hits: 21@2: (2)1@3: (5)1@4: (3)DiceRolls: 1@4; Total Hits: 11@4: (4)Don’t go sour on me now, Z2

• And the UK has zero transports in the Atlantic to start the game - lucky me.
    Z6DiceRolls: 1@2 1@3; Total Hits: 11@2: (4)1@3: (1)DiceRolls: 1@2; Total Hits: 01@2: (6)Let’s wrap up a great G1 dice round…… please…

• Wow.  When the dice cooperate, anyone looks like a genius.
    At least you get to wail on my transport in Z62 and make my J1 trickier.

NCM -
    Nwy - FTR, BMB (Z2) INF (Fin)
    Alg - ART (Lib)
    Blk - INF, ARM (Lib)
    Pol - 3 INF, AA (Ger) ARM (Fra) FTR (Z6)
    Ger - 2 INF (Fra) (what a luxury)
    Z5 - 2 FTR (EPl)

When there is only one possible way to place units, I skip typing it.
    Collect 45, 45 on hand

11L_LL(19)_v_Gamerman01_1941_01a.AAM

• Also, my MO is to only list casualty choices for myself during my turn if I am choosing a casualty that is not the cheapest.  So in Z6, I took off the sub.  After playing about 75 games online, I have found some shortcuts that don’t affect gameplay, and also make less busy posts.

Some of my pet peeves:
    People who don’t list sea zones when conducting amphibious assaults.  For example, you can assault NWE from Z5, 6, or 7.  During your combat move, it needs to be clear exactly what you are doing and where every unit is.  There are veteran players who don’t follow this, I’m finding.  I don’t allow it.
    A lot of people don’t run China and the USA according to the rules.  They like to run one or the other completely, and then do the other completely.  This is not according to the rules.  You do the countries concurrently, except when you get to combat move and rolling dice, you do all combat move for one, then roll all dice, then you do combat move for the other, then roll dice, and THEN you move on to doing NCM all together, and placement all together….

Those are a couple - if I forgot something, I’ll mention it as soon as I can.  Some people on this site would choke when I say this, but I’m an easy going person and always try to be reasonable and cut some slack.  But I don’t cut much slack when it comes to breaking rules that players should know, and I expect my opponents to deal with me the same way.  Anyway, we’ll get along fine - just putting a few things out there for you.

Bring your A game!  Looks like I’m off to a good start here.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m