• '10

I love this game.  It remains one of my favorite all time AAA games.

Has anyone worked on the game to include new units such as Mec Infantry? Trucks? Commanders or any other variants?

• Larry made some option rules here :

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11

Optional play #1 ARTILLERY
    Card 9 A (follows card 9)
    Allied artillery fires
    Artillery can target specific enemy units
    It can fire at adjoining zones
    Hit with rolls of 1 and 2

Card 11 A
    Same as above only Axis artillery fires

Option #2 NAVAL BOMBARDMENT
    Card 2
    The Allied Naval Bombardment is now able to roll against any enemy units in the coastal regions, not just blockhouses

Option #3 ATTACK OR NOT ATTACK
    During an attack phase a player can elect NOT to attack in some or all contestet regions

• @FieldMarshalGames:

Has anyone worked on the game to include new units such as Mec Infantry?

I figure you can exchange the inf in Panzer Divisions with Mech’s, and also let one Mech tow a matching artillery. At least until you make selfpropelled artillery pieces.

• TripleA '12

Hello pitch55, welcome.

The ‘D’ in D-Day just stands for ‘Day’. So it is literally translated as Day-Day, or the ‘day of days’.

• '10

@Razor:

Larry made some option rules here :

http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11

Optional play #1 ARTILLERY
    Card 9 A (follows card 9)
    Allied artillery fires
    Artillery can target specific enemy units
    It can fire at adjoining zones
    Hit with rolls of 1 and 2

Card 11 A
    Same as above only Axis artillery fires

Option #2 NAVAL BOMBARDMENT
    Card 2
    The Allied Naval Bombardment is now able to roll against any enemy units in the coastal regions, not just blockhouses

Option #3 ATTACK OR NOT ATTACK
    During an attack phase a player can elect NOT to attack in some or all contested regions

Thanks!  I will try that out.

I would really like to give this game some more life with a new variant that includes the new units of AAG40

• Played game with updated rules. Germany won again. the allies had bad reinforcements rolls on 1st and 2nd turns. Germany did too, but they can get troops to city’s faster. But allies also  had 3 times in game where they only could move 1 zone each. Germany had nothing in 4 turns do to no troops and allies planes pounding them. then they got troops and artillary which started to shoot down planes and move in. Basically just send all german troops to ST. Lo. The naval bombarment did well for allies with attacking ground troops too. Allies never had to attack Cher do to naval kills by navy. Germany never sent troops there. the Allies paratroopers would have been enough to take that city with the naval bombarment help. Then just send troops from that beach head to ST LO. The upgraded artillary shooting adjoining zones was nice for both sides. Both sides had bad dice when they needed it. The 3rd option was to not attack in any zone, well that never happened for me do too I play aggressive. At first I though the allies where going to win but no troops on  early turns then can’t move troops on later turns just slowed them down too much.

• @Lozmoid:

Hello pitch55, welcome.

The ‘D’ in D-Day just stands for ‘Day’. So it is literally translated as Day-Day, or the ‘day of days’.

The D in D-day stands for decision or decisive. Not just day

• Not too sure. I remember visiting the Normandy and the french used to call it “le jour - j”  with a j like jour.

• @Axistiger13:

@Lozmoid:

Hello pitch55, welcome.

The D in D-day stands for decision or decisive. Not just day

The terms D-Day and H-Hour are used for the day and hour on which a combat attack or operation is to be initiated. They designate the day and hour of the operation when the day and hour have not yet been determined, or where secrecy is essential. For a given operation, the same D-Day and H-Hour apply for all units participating in it. When used in combination with numbers, and plus or minus signs, these terms indicate the point of time preceding or following a specific action. Thus, H−3 means 3 hours before H-Hour, and D+3 means 3 days after D-Day. (By extension, H+75 minutes is used for H-Hour plus 1 hour and 15 minutes.) Planning papers for large-scale operations are made up in detail long before specific dates are set. Thus, orders are issued for the various steps to be carried out on the D-Day or H-Hour minus or plus a certain number of days, hours, or minutes. At the appropriate time, a subsequent order is issued that states the actual day and times.

• @Albert:

The terms D-Day and H-Hour are used for the day and hour on which a combat attack or operation is to be initiated. They designate the day and hour of the operation when the day and hour have not yet been determined, or where secrecy is essential. For a given operation, the same D-Day and H-Hour apply for all units participating in it. When used in combination with numbers, and plus or minus signs, these terms indicate the point of time preceding or following a specific action. Thus, H−3 means 3 hours before H-Hour, and D+3 means 3 days after D-Day. (By extension, H+75 minutes is used for H-Hour plus 1 hour and 15 minutes.) Planning papers for large-scale operations are made up in detail long before specific dates are set. Thus, orders are issued for the various steps to be carried out on the D-Day or H-Hour minus or plus a certain number of days, hours, or minutes. At the appropriate time, a subsequent order is issued that states the actual day and times.

Correct.  Good explanation.  WWII had many “D-Days”, but the one on June 6 1944 became so famous that it has tended to overshadow the rest, and to occupy a category by itself.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m