• does any one have any ideas for a pearl harbor/ Hawaii version?

• Yes. Get a old barrel and add ducks. shoot ducks in barrel. Great game.

• IL’s right, however Midway’s a different story.

• i think it would be a cool starters game(considering all of lil" and everyoneelses games are for hardend vets!)

• Sponsor '17 '13 '11 '10

The only way that I can think of to make it a game where the Americans stand a chance is to have some rolls that say:
    1. American radar picks up the Japanese planes and start to scramble aircraft.
    There could be a range of numbers that have some affect like:
    2. so many airfields are scrambled.
    3. so many ships can be put on full battlestation alert before they arrive.
    4. smaller ships can possibly even be out of the harbor.
    5. American carriers came back early and help fight in the battle.
    This way the game can be different and there is a range from minimal US pieces on alert to everthing on alert.

and the last……
    The USS Ronald Reagan comes through a time port and scrambles it’s air wing to defend also!!!  :lol:

• @coachofmany:

and the last……
    The USS Ronald Reagan comes through a time port and scrambles it’s air wing to defend also!!!  :lol:

I saw that movie, the US still didn’t stop the attack!

• Customizer

Yeah, wasn’t the movie called “Final Countdown”?  I think it was something like that.  The USS Nimitz got sucked back to 1941.  They tried to warn Pearl Harbor but the Naval personnel of the time didn’t believe them since there was no USS Nimitz in the 1941 US Fleet.  Then they sent their own jet fighters to stop the Japanese only to have the time vortex suck them back to the 1970s again.  So Pearl Harbor happened anyway.
    You know, that movie was so long ago that I can’t remember why they were sent back to 1941 then brought back right before the attack, but I imagine that was a good thing.  Pearl Harbor was a terrible disaster but it brought the US into the war when the Allies desperately needed it.  If not for Pearl Harbor, and Hitler and Musolini declaring war on the US a few days later, how much longer would it have been before the US actually got into the war?  Would the Axis have expanded too much and been too strong by then?  I know that Hitler gave strict orders to his U-Boat captains not to sink US ships because he didn’t want the US in the war.  Roosevelt knew that the US would eventually get dragged into the war, but how much longer would it have taken?  A year, two years, more?
    Also, do you think there is a possibility that if Pearl Harbor hadn’t happened, would the US have gone into the war primarily in Europe and left Japan alone?  I imagine this would also have to assume that the Japanese did not also attack the Philippines, Wake, Guam and Midway.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m