• I just wanted to make the post title sound like a Steinbeck novel…or a Samuel Taylor Colerige writing.

Anyways, two questions.

1: I don’t really understand all this nonsense of bids. Is there some commonly known advantage that the Allies have over the Axis and so the Allied players must forfeit some cash to the guy who gets stuck with Axis?? I guess if you want to go by history…

2: What do you folks say on the topic of 2-hit battleships? Personally, I think it’s a bunch of tomfoolery, but it seems to be pretty common. I love my Battleships and such, but I think that the 2-hit rule allows the player to do somewhat kamikaze plays with their Battleship without worrying as much about protecting it. I personally never leave mine alone without a submarine or two to defend it from sneaky buggers.

So, there’s a couple of things to keep you busy for a few. ;-)

Thanks again.

• 2007 AAR League

I don’t know hardly anything about bids. Two-hit battleships I’ve never tried, and I don’t think I’d like it. Although, I’m pretty sure a lot of people on here do :D . Everyone has their own opinion.

• I have seen lots of people who would take a bb into a zone alone against a single ship, like a sub or trans, knowing that even if they take the hit, they will be ok and they are almost assured the kill in the first round. I imagine this might not happen much in your professional ranks, but I’ve never played online or pbem, just with locals.

• @Soon_U_Die:

1. Yes it is common knowledge that the Allies have a big advantage. Without a bid you would have very little chance of beating an excellent Allied player without either far better dice, or tech.

This means that the people I play against are nothing near excellent, as I tend to win when I play Axis even without bids or RR. :roll:

• @Grigoriy:

This means that the people I play against are nothing near excellent, as I tend to win when I play Axis even without bids or RR. :roll:

That is probably correct.

• Could someone tell me what RR means?

• RR is Russian Restricted. the russian player cant attack on the first turn, giving the german player a little room to breath, and the japanese a chance to get some defense on the mainland.

• have you ever heard of the quote all is fair in love and WAR. that is all i have to say.

history is boring without war
    -joshost

• @joshost:

have you ever heard of the quote all is fair in love and WAR. that is all i have to say.

What? :-?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m