• Basically I’ve been having a terrible time. When my friends and I first started playing the allies always won but now the axis have won like 12 in a row. Germany is easy to contain and ultimately destroy but before we are able to overcome the Japanese player comes from the east. The first turn they build an IC in Kwantang and pump out 3 tanks a turn….building an IC in india is worthless because the japanese player can take that and use it to his advantage as well…i guess i could bring fighters from UK through russia but that almost takes too long…any suggestions for allied victory?

• Now that you’ve learned how to control Germany (at least untill he changes tactics), I would recommend allowing the americans a little more leeway in advancing operations in the pacific early in the game.

• Try having the Russians invade Manchuria or the British invade Kwantung in their respective first moves. These are risky strategies and often backfire, but it’s worth a try as an alternative. Placing an IC in India is generally a sound move, and, yes, eventually the Japs do tend to take it over and use it to their advantage, but it helps slow them down, which is what you want to do. The Japanese will usually end up pressing Moscow, but if you slow their advance down enough to allow the US & UK to come to Russia’s assistance in time, you can beat them back. Good luck.

• Thank you for your ideas…but how does uk attack kwantung on first turn? Should I adopt a germany first strategy and basically forget about japan?

• NEVER do the Manchuria or Kwangtang attacks, but if you want a good strategy for Asian defense try this.

British IC in india
    American IC in Singking(sp)
    2 inf a turn heading toward India or Sinking from Russia. Usually the allies can keep it up for about 5 or 6 turns on average before being overrun. By then there should be enough Allied Fighters and inf in Karellia for Russia to survive. Also allied Bombers in Novo help too.

• '19 Moderator

I like to evacuate India and China into Sinkang and have America build the industrial Complex there. America has the money to build Infantry with the occasional fighter there. This can delay the japs for a long time.

• Yeah I like to do that too. Move indians to Sinkang, if China survives move them there too. Move the Trn to Aussieland. Then take back India with guys in Sinkang and Austalia at the same time. if the Sub in WMed survived that can be useful too.

• i think letting Japs do what they want in asia is a foolish idea for the allies. Recalling in real history that it was the chinese who literally drained the japs off it is evident to see defending china is important. those two are the only US land on mainland and it is important to keep them as long there as possible.
    things to try for allies:
    Russia attacks manchuria, move moscow infantry (about 3 more 4) towards china
    England attacks Kwantung, fly mainland planes and bombers towards china
    US buy two industrial complexes in mainland asia. Move SingKing infantry (1 or both) forward. fly bombers and fighters towards China. Move navy towards west coast (going to help Brits to defend Africa)
    Russia move the infantries into SingKing
    China to stand at all Cost! This was partly the reason why allies won the end in history(i didn’t want to imagine what the world would have become if China had succumbed/surrendered to Japan within 3 months as the japs hoped)

• '19 Moderator

Have you tried this in a game? I’m not saying that it won’t work because I haven’t tried it myself, It just seems a bit risky.
    If you plan on taking Japan first I supose this is a way to get started.

• This is Axis and Allies, you expect it to be realistic?

If allies do that, they will die, pure and simple, and I agree, China holding out was as important as Russia holding out, and isnt realistically represented in the game.

• i find it (as japan) really easy to take china. mybe im lucky?

• I usually attack China with 2 Inf 3 fighters. I usually end up with no infantry and 3 fighers left. No biggie, just take it next turn.

• Leaving Japan out of the Allied plans is suicide. Your Asian Allied units should contain Japanese advances as long as possible until re-enforcements can arrive. I recommend trying all suggested strategies. Find out what works for you. Co-ordinate with your Allies plans to fight the Japanese back. Alot of what you can accomplish will depend on the experience level of the Axis powers…

• Not only can the Allies win -they should win (most games). Here is the basic blue-print for Allied victory:

Russia buys men and maybe a tank or two and attacks Germany in round 1. Russia is on the defensive right now, but their attacking Germany is a defensive move. They are interested in destroying unprotected German fire-power (tanks and a fighter or two that initially do not have the infantry support to defend them). Do not attack Norway.

Place their purchase in the Northern complex and move their men and planes from the Capital into this territory.

Russia will concede lands in Asis. There is just too much land to defend there and the Allies will be concentrating all of their efforts on Germany. It will take several rounds for Japan to build a force of tanks capable of going after the Russian capital and by then there will be plenty of Allied fighters and infantry to defend it -and Germany will be far more ready to fall against the three pronged attack.

UK and USA will move all of their fighters and whatever ground troops they can into the Russian Northern complex in round 1. A force of UK/US planes behind the Russian infantry will insure that this key territory can not be taken by the Germans. Russia can use all available men/tanks on the offensive against Germany with the knowledge that the combination of their buy and the defending Allied fighters will keep this key territory secure. Once this territory is secure with the three country force the Allies can shift gears and go all out after Germany. They can probably actually do this in round 2.

UK/US will be looking to get a lot of fighters into Russia for defense (capital and northern complex), but they should also be supplying some men and tanks so that they can attack on their turns.

When the Allies attack, they should always attack with an all out force. You don’t just want to win a battle, you want to win it convincingly. The fewer rounds it takes for you to kill your opponent the less losses you will suffer. This is key. All too often I see people spreading themselves out too thin and trying to do too much in one round. Focus on what is important.

This is far from complete, I have much more to say, but I gotta go. I will finish this later.

Good luck.

[ This Message was edited by: xenophobe on 2001-12-07 11:16 ]

• Russia is the KEY for the allies!!! I agree that allied units need to stall Japan while they reinforce Russia….DO NOT TRY AND TAKE ASIA…just hold off the Japs while Russia and the allies build up forces against Germany…above states a good strategy…follow that…and things should be good.

• The best advice is to not build industrial
    complexes in asia with any of the allies. Take it from me I have played this game for
    8 years and have never lost a game. Figure out how to geographically use your allied
    forces together. Yes the allies may have more
    teritory to guard but they have the ability
    to uniguely cordinate forces for defense and
    rapid counter attacks ( 3 0n 2 ). The key for
    the allies is overwhelming cordinated firepower. Once again I have never lost with
    eaither side. Hope you can begin to use this
    new strategy. Good Luck!

• On 2001-12-19 18:20, Anonymous wrote:
    Take it from me I have played this game for
    8 years and have never lost a game.

I highly doubt that…

• On 2001-12-19 18:20, Anonymous wrote:
    Take it from me I have played this game for 8 years and have never lost a game.

Playing against your cat and dog don’t really count…

• What is it that you doubt? I would be eager

to take on any contender. In fact I have even

faced several people at once and won. They

finally gave up. Don’t get me wrong I can be beat

but…. it hasn’t happened yet. Also if you

consider speed school students and former

military personnel who have played this game

for years " Cats and Dogs " you are sadly

mistaken. By the way Patton is good but

he is no Rommel.

• '19 Moderator

You have a big brass pair for some one who posts anonymously. I’ll have a go at you. Here is my E-mail address

william.cook@wsfp.com

By the way Patton beat Rommel in Africa, and he would have in Europe, but you know the rest of that story.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m