• What are peoples thoughts on gambling on weapons development?

I always do this near the end of a game to speed things up. Heavy bombers are by far the most powerful weapon in the game. Particularly if they’re long range heavy bombers.

One time I gambled on US1 and got heavy bombers. At that point it was game over. The US just bought bombers and did industrial bombing raids. After a few turns, Germany and Japan couldn’t buy anything.

I think the game would be better (And more realistic) if the particular development could be picked before rolling. Why would Russia ever pursue super subs? But then again, why would anyone pursue anything other than heavy bombers? The game would put even more luck in the dice.

my thoughts our same as yours, but then again remember that W/D makes the game more unhistorical anyway… the game isn’t 100% historical so why try to say it is and have some fun :lol:

• I agree – historical accuracy shouldn’t be the main concern … the game is no fun if everytime you play the Allies ALWAYS win. Change the game to make it more balanced, and MOST importantly FUN!!!

it teaches you history… they had to balance the game cause in real warfare the Axis was going to eventually lose… I’ve had to think of axis and allies as more of a fun recreation then a historical portrait… so at that point leave it there and just have fun… :wink: so as far as tech’s I wouldn’t limit it… if anything make it more fun 8) …

• Kidhorn’s got a nice idea, but you’d have to tweak it to make it work. how about this

if you get three 6’s on your tech roles, you can either roll again and get 3 random techs (luck of the dice), or you can recieve 1 tech of you choosing. if you get more than three 6’s, every 2 more can be traded for one auto-pick tech.

ive been exploring this with my friend, but we rarely buy more than 6 dice at a time. if you buy anymore than than (say you save you $ for a turn), you should raise the # of 6’s you’d need.

• i’ve tried teching with the UK for a bit.
    kind of fun . . . .

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m