• '16 Customizer

I’ve played and completely painted my A&A 1942 set, and I just received the Europe 1940 version… I was reading over the different rules and had a few quick questions. First, are the national objective bonuses (5 IPCs, or whatever other amount) received every turn they are completed unless otherwise stated? Second, can someone clarify when exactly Russia and the US can enter into war with Italy and Germany, assuming the Axis powers do not declare war first. Thanks so much in advance! I’m looking forward to painting and playing the new set!

• Official Q&A

@Spitfire38:

First, are the national objective bonuses (5 IPCs, or whatever other amount) received every turn they are completed unless otherwise stated?

Yes.

@Spitfire38:

Second, can someone clarify when exactly Russia and the US can enter into war with Italy and Germany, assuming the Axis powers do not declare war first. Thanks so much in advance! I’m looking forward to painting and playing the new set!

USA may declare war at the beginning of the Collect Income phase of its third turn.  USSR may declare war at the beginning of the Combat Move phase of its fourth turn.

• '16 Customizer

One more thing… Say you are attacking eastern united states from central united states (I know, unlikely, but easiest example of the top of my head) and you have some tanks in western US that you want to use. Can they use their “2 movement points” to contribute to the attack (ie. Move into central US and attack) in 1 turn, or is their striking power only to adjacent hostile territories? (excluding blitzing)

Thanks!

• Official Q&A

They may attack.

• USA may declare war at the beginning of the Collect Income phase of its third turn.  USSR may declare war at the beginning of the Combat Move phase of its fourth turn.

Is it me or does this mean they are both allowed to attack the Axis in their fourth turn?

• Official Q&A

That’s what it means.  It also means that the US will have its full wartime income to spend when it attacks.

• Thanks, that was the point I was missing :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m