• I have recently aquired both A&A Europe 1940 and A&A Pacific 1940, and want to start playing them with my local gaming crowd. I’d like to play the two games individually first, and then set up the Global 1940 version and try that.

Realistically speaking, how long should it take to comple the these games? (We’ll have to deal with scheduling issues.) Our group has played various versions of A&A in the past, are generally familiar with the rules, and played the Anniversary edition game (once) when it was first released. We’ve got enough people that each Power will probably have a separate player.

Thanks in advance for your help…

• '10

Depends on what exactly you mean by “complete”.  To play to actual victory conditions is rarely done, at least in our playgroup.  It can be pretty clear in five hours that Japan won’t win in the Pacific, but actually taking their capital might not happen for….I don’t even know…that times three or four?  Europe alone seems to run a little longer than Pacific alone, maybe six or seven hours before there’s a clear probably victor.  Global, I’d plan for ten to twelve.  Probably still won’t finish per rulebook, but we’ve almost always found we were comfortable calling a victor at that point.

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Fitzwalrus!

I’d plan on 8 hours for each individual game, give or take a couple of hours, and at least twice that for the combined game.  Since you’re going to be playing Pacific alone, you’ll need to check out the FAQ for important rules errata and clarifications.  You’ll also want to review the Official Rules Clarifications for the Europe and combined games.

Have fun, and let us know if you have any more questions.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Bank on 20 minutes a game.

• Thanks for the information, everyone (although I think I’ll take “20 minutes per game” with a grain of salt.  :roll: )

• @Fitzwalrus:

We’ve got enough people that each Power will probably have a separate player.

Just though I’d mention having France and China as their own power is pointless.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m