• Having played my game in the oddest locations, I´m starting to wonder if I haven´t lost any of the units. Is there a site where I can see how many each force has? (i.e. 3 bombers, x inf etc.)

And on a side note: Once the white and red chips are spent, do you guys leave the possibility open to buy more units with homemade markers?
    (Because then I also need to know how many red and white chips there are supposed to be.)

• 2007 AAR League

Armor-10, fighters-10, subs-6, transports-6, battleships-3, aircraft carriers-2, bombers-3. However, I don’t know about the infantry since all of my country’s have 17 infantry, but yet Britain only has 14. Does anyone know if I should have 17 infantry for Britain, or if they were just given 14? Thanks. Hope this helps.

• Mort, if memory serves someone on here recently enough bought another game on eBay for a trivial amount to increase the number of pieces they had to play with, and myself have 2 complete game boards to mix and match with, making campaigns I know will last more then 7 rounds easier marker wise.

As far as unit totals, I looked in the newer of the two and counted out 17 for each country, but I do remember my first set back in the day being short of US inf units from the rest of the nations. Guessing the game was thrown together in Florida, it seems the folks down there have problems counting :D

• Guessing the game was thrown together in Florida, it seems the folks down there have problems counting

Aint that the truth… :cry:

• Hmmmm, I think you´re probably right in that all units other than inf are the same for all the countries. I will count up my pieces and see what I get.

Still no responses to whether or not you should exceed the number of possible allowable units by creating more markers?

• @morten200:

Still no responses to whether or not you should exceed the number of possible allowable units by creating more markers?

I don’t see any need for placing limits on allowable units. I would use them if you have them (I do … I got plenty of extras for all units/countries). You rarely need additional units though.

• True, but woud it balance the game if there was a rule that said once the white and red markers are used up, you have to strafe units to be able to buy more? Massive build-ups would disappear and it will probably give players greater incentive to develop weapons.

• Honestly … I’ve never played a game where the number of units ran out.

• i just recently played a game where the chips ran out but thats just because my opponent put like 50 infantry on germany

i like a man who grins when he fights
    -winston churchill

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m