• What can shoot down planes? We’re not sure if land units can, but so far we’ve not been playing that way.

• All units can shoot down aircraft. Realistically, land units would defend at a lower roll against aircraft, but that doesn’t matter too much.

In real life Infantry would have mobile Anti Aircraft gun Platforms etc.

• you could play with the optional rule that tanks can’t hit air (like subs can’t hit air)
    that way you will unlikely leave a tank unguarded to those bombers!
    It would also help balance the game, the usa can build bombers, and prevent armor only in eastern poland (sometimes I attack the german armor stack with air only anyway if I have a lot converted)

@lnxduk:

you could play with the optional rule that tanks can’t hit air (like subs can’t hit air)
    It would also help balance the game, the usa can build bombers, and prevent armor only in eastern poland (sometimes I attack the german armor stack with air only anyway if I have a lot converted)

Tank divisions had fighters in reality

• @lnxduk:

you could play with the optional rule that tanks can’t hit air (like subs can’t hit air)

Or one could play with the optional rule that all air units attack or defend in the opening fire step of a landbased combat, but only if the opponent does not have any air units. This would reflect air superiority!

Another optional rule would be that fighters are free to pick enemy targets!

What do you think about it???

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m