• Is it just me or does it still seem way to easy for japan to destroy the allies, and when i say destroy i mean it. I was japan for the last two games and the allies didn’t stand a chance, the game was basically over before it got started and it wasn’t the fault of the allies tactics. China and india were both gone on J4 and the americans and anzac combined equaled maybe 60% of the entire jap fleet and maybe 30% of thier air power.  MY QUESTION IS should pac40 be removed as a single game and only played as a part of global or is there something im missing here. Please reply looking forward to your thoughts on this because as is i highly doubt anyone in my group will be breaking down the door to play pac40 again.

• In my opinion, it seems that Pacific '40 is virtually unplayable as a stand-alone game. In my case I only play it in conjunction with Europe '40.

• Official Q&A

I don’t understand.  Are you saying that you’re playing with the box rules and setup, or with the Alpha rules and setup?

• '12

I am going to try playing Pacific 1940 with the Alpha+1 setup in a few weeks… just looking at the new map positions and NO’s it really does look more balanced for the allies in the theater.  When it comes to the US production bonus, I assume you keep the out of the box rules for this… US starts w 17 ipc’s and then jumps to 57 ipc’s upon being drawn into the war/ turn 3.

I will be interested to see how things balance out with Pacific as a stand alone with Alpha +1.

• It was with the Alpha+1 Rules and troop posisitions with OOB NO’s. On J1 1 i went strait into china with land and air units, moved my entire fleet south towards india and transported troops south from manchuria and japan. J2 continued push into china and posistioned navy off the coast of malaya. J3 conquered china, destroyed brit navy and scrambeled fighters. J4 amphibious assault on india with 4 trannys loaded with inf + tanks and art and every navy ship capable of assault and about 70% of my air power other 30% already heading Back to Japan. India fell on J4. On J5 conquered money islands, malaya, Phillipeens and moved half of my navy and air force towards austrialia and the other half back towards japan. Oh Yea i pretty much only bought cruisers and my northern navy had like 12 of them maybe more cant really remember. But with india the money islands and china under control there was nothing the US and Anzac could do they were outnumbered in manpower and IPC’s.

• Get better allied players. When the allied player notices Japan is trying to crush Indian it is easily stopped.  U.K. should buy one AA gun and nothing but infantry.  Move the 2nd AA gun to Burma.  Any time Japan attacks Burma or Indian they will be rolling up to 28 AA gun shots.  Simply counter attack Japans ground forces anytime they take Burma and U.K. can hold out untill J6 or J7, which is more than enough time for the allies to get rolling.

• Tried Alpha +1 for pacific only.  Still very very hard on the Allies.  I played Japan.  we’re both pretty good axis players…  Is there an Alpha 2 setup for Pacific?  We may play it stand alone a few more times,  but ultimately it appears broken and we probably will use it as an accessory for Global.

My friend JJ has a few Allies Ideas to try and I wanted to try the build a Major IC in Manchuria by US strategy and roll out some AA guns.  But seriously… it still greatly favors the Axis/Japan.  OOB Anzac gets a Major and in the Alpha 1  Anzac gets a minor.  Seriously?  Its like kicking the allies in the face when they’re already face down in the mud.    also the elmination of US bombers is a kicker .

Japan didn’t loose much  a few aircraft, and face a tougher China,  but it made little to no difference.  I built 2 minor IC’s by the 2nd turn and kicked the crap of of india.

Granted the US player didn’t threaten Japan very much by turn 5,  but still its a huge huge uphill battle for the Allies and it really shouldn’t have been since Japan realistically never got close to India

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m