• I’ve been working on better looking maps for the Global module.  I’m also planning on putting together a separate module for Europe when I’m done making the maps.  Attached are jpgs of my maps (ignore the white space on the world map, it’ll be gone by release).  I still need to do the sector maps, but that should be done relatively soon.  What I want to know is where I should put the blank spaces for NO’s.  I can put them on the map near the area they effect or I can put them in toolbar.  By putting them on the map, they are hard to miss, but get in the way of other pieces in cramped areas.  Let me know what you want and I’ll implement it.

Edit 12-28:
    The map is pretty much done.  The Europe half of the board has convoys, neutral inf, and capital markers on now.  It also has the NO boxes according to the vanilla global rules.  Currently I have Russion NO’s on the board in each German territory and I intend to leave it that way unless there is a general consensus against it.  If you want to see anything changed on the map, speak now.  Look for the world map in my replies, it wont fit with the Europe map on the same post.

Europe Map small.jpg

• I prefer them to be on the map.

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Agree with Cal here,

Better, just put them in, or adjacent to (in a Sz say), each countries Capital.  When you scroll over them it explains it.  That way you don’t have to go hunting for it each time and they are all together, right at home plate.

I appreciate some countries have MANY NO’s especially countries like Germany when Alpha + is used,  but the boxes shouldn’t get in the way for the most part.

You will probably only have probs in Berlin or London, but take a look at it.

Looking forward to a new global map!  With all the Alpha + No’s! and a new sharp look!

P.S.
    Putting them on the Tool Bar sux :S

• @calvinhobbesliker:

I prefer them to be on the map.

I agree, but I could go either way on this.  You might want to want til Larry comes out with the final in a couple of weeks to do the NOs- just a thought.

• Interesting. I’ll try them when I have a break. Indeed I prefer plain colours, so this fit my style. However, neutrals should stay plain as well (there are some nice pro-stuff counters that cover that)

I prefer the NOs near to their respective zones (ex: Burma Road at Burma). If they are next to the capital, one could forget them when studying the move

• pitheist314,

When you say “in the toolbar” do you really mean that, or on the bottom of the map in the info spaces?

• @BadSpeller:  “In the toolbar” means in the area at the bottom of the map where things like income and research are kept track of.

@Gargantua, @questioneer:  I will not be doing any of Larry’s alpha version until there is a final version.  My current goal is to finish the vanilla global game and release a vanilla Europe game.

I cannot attach both the Europe and the World Maps to the same post.  I’ll leave the europe one on the top post and reply each time I have a new world map to show.

World small.jpg

• I would prefer if the Dutch territories were kept purple to avoid confusing them with British ones and that Mongolia should be the same color as other true neutrals.

• Both true. Also, I disagree with soviet NOs on German territories: they will never be used in normal circumstances (even with the small non-agression penalty, you can guess that Japan will attack Siberia way before than soviets can go so far into German territory), and they are using space better used to deploy units. In particular, the box near to Denmark can be a pain many games, because is a usual place for German fleets. I put them in a separate place for a good reason … even in Russia, they would be horrible

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

I agree with keeping the dutch Territories purple.

There are too many NO’s now, it looks like, so perhaps it IS time to remove them from the board.

• I will not make the Dutch purple…  I am going to use RGB 150,0,0 which is a maroonish color.  It is very different from Russia and no one else is red.

I am going to leave all of the NO’s except the Russian ones in German territory.  Should they go in the toolbar or in an empty territory near Moscow?  Maybe Vologda or Urals?

Ive been on vacation and havent done much work.  Ill be getting back to work in the middle of next week.

• Fair enough, as long as they aren’t tan like Brit tt.

Is it possible to program it so that the income is automatically increased without needing to put a flag in a box? If not, put it in the toolbar

• Also, try to make Z109 and 118 touch each other at more than a corner.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m