• If you are planning a J4 attack, it is completely feasible that you could send a Japanese fleet form the Caroline islands to Persia in that time. From there you could basically do what others have been talking about with using an american IC there. This is of course assuming that the british don’t take it. And I do realize that Japan is strapped on cash but the consequences it could have on the Russian and Indian fronts could be disastrous for these factions, I Imagine the Germans with Leningrad and the Japanese with Stalingrad moving in for the kill.

Does this sound too improbable? Or a possible surprise maneuver?

• I would keep it in the back of my mind.  Perhaps an alternative if the Japanese are considering taking Egypt for the Italians and something changes it.  My thoughts for an Axis complex there are India has a chance to be fairly strong in the location, so does Russia.

Still though, sometimes when you threaten Egypt the defender does something extreme and opens up other areas.  When building a complex I still do this “3 turn check” like in the Revised game.  Meaning what can the opponents attack me with any of the next three turns vs what can I defend with.  With the minors turn1 you take the territory, turn2 you build your complex, turn3 you build at reasonable best 3 tanks to defend it or branch out.

• '10

This wouldn’t work.

Think UK attacks before the japanese can establish a base in Persia.

• Customizer

It seems to me like Japan would have to take India before being able to establish a base in Persia.  If that’s the case, then they wouldn’t need to build an IC in Persia because they would have the one in India, unless you just wanted an IC closer to Russia.

• How could the British attack it? most of the time I do not send any infantry from india towards Persia.

• Assuming UK hasn’t already taken Iraq

• @SalothSar:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Assuming UK hasn’t already taken Iraq

UK units arte headed to Africa

YOUR UK units are…

• @SalothSar:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@SalothSar:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Assuming UK hasn’t already taken Iraq

UK units arte headed to Africa

YOUR UK units are…

?

Not everyone does what you do with your UK units.

• '10

@Weezer:

How could the British attack it? most of the time I do not send any infantry from india towards Persia.

Sinking the japanese ships on their way to the persian Gulf.

Or do you send the whole japanese fleet in??

• @Weezer:

How could the British attack it? most of the time I do not send any infantry from india towards Persia.

Maybe you should.

• Is Japan allowed to attack a pro-Allied on the Europe map ?
    I mean, without USA automatically get in the war, since that is what happens when Japan attack DEI.

Oh, and this question is theoretical only, since by the time Japan is there, US is in the war anyway.
    Just ask for rule clearification, man

• @Razor:

Is Japan allowed to attack a pro-Allied on the Europe map ?
    I mean, without USA automatically get in the war, since that is what happens when Japan attack DEI.

I was under the impression that the DEI’s were up for grabs? If Japan lands in Celebs on J1 it doesn’t bring anyone into the war… Correct?

• @McLovin1985:

I was under the impression that the DEI’s were up for grabs? If Japan lands in Celebs on J1 it doesn’t bring anyone into the war… Correct?

Not true. Dutch East Indies are Allied territory. Attacking the DEI results in war with all Allied forces, including the Americans.

• I recall a game or two of P40 where the DEI were up for grabs. Potentially we had not read the rules correctly or it was changed in the erratica.  Either way Japan doesnt seem able to touch them now.  Probably a representation of Dutch VIPs continuing the war from England after Germany’s victory

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m