• My friend’s brother wanted to play Axis & Allies. It was my friend’s brother and his friend v.s. me and my friends. My friends and me are all seasoned veterans of Axis & Allies and we play it alot. It was my friend’s brother and his friends’ first time playing. Since I knew we were going to win, I decided to do something quite odd. I invaded Algeria in North Africa with my transport from Karelia, a tank, and a sub. I defeated the German sub off the coast of Algeria with my sub and then defeated the lone infantry in Algeria with my tank. So now the Germans have one less infantry in North Africa to take Brit money. And the Germans then have to decide whether to attack the British forces in Egypt or the Soviet tank. If they attack the Brit forces, they might have some casualties. If they attack the Soviet tank, they will probably win but the US will just take Algeria on its up-coming turn. So waht do you think?

• I usually wait until later in the game but I’ve been known to send that transport around the board collecting empty territories.

• Sounds fine … but it can’t happen if playing RR.

Also, if your sub doesn’t take out the German sub – both the transport and tank die … unless withrawn.

Yes it’s nice to have extra Allied forces in Africa, but it’s just not worth the risk to me!

Just my opinion.

• Yea, It pretty much depends on if the Soviet sub defeats the German sub.
    And after that minor battle, then it also depends if the Soviet tank defeats the German infantry.

What’s RR?

• I would never do that. Too many better options with better odds.

PG,
    RR=Russia Restricted from any attacks on R1. Though Russia may Roll for tech, Buy units, Noncom Move(fleet to UK sz, stack in Kar & Yak) and Place Units as usual.

Ko,
    Nobody should have the Russian trn after G1 in a half way decent game. Are you referring to the German trn in the C Med sz?!?

• Even without RR, I really wouldn’t suggest that move. The most important asset Russia has in the game is its armor. To risk losing your arm (especially that early in the game) is a major sign of weakness for a Russian player. Besides, USA doesn’t really need Russian help, it can put more than enough inf in Africa by T3.

• @TG:

Even without RR, I really wouldn’t suggest that move. The most important asset Russia has in the game is its armor. To risk losing your arm (especially that early in the game) is a major sign of weakness for a Russian player. Besides, USA doesn’t really need Russian help, it can put more than enough inf in Africa by T3.

Agreed!

• :wink:

• Hehe it’s oddball moves like this that keep the game interesting…

Yeah, it’s not too great of a move especially with the potential waste of Soviet armour which is, as has already been said on this post, one of the most important parts of the Russian game esp for any sort of spoiling attacks…

One time on a similar note, I took the German trns from the med and quietly sailed it down the coast of Africa, ignored by my friend, picked up a tank in South Africa and promptly took over Brazil :D

Naturally he was quite ticked off and it didn’t last too long there but I got an immense kick out of it and had I thought it out and put maybe another 2 INF there and a fighter and later an IC, it could have been a real pain in the butt (this is all purely speculation off the top of my head)…

Something I’d probably never do again but nonthless fun to watch the American who now has to devote time to sending transports south instead of north to UK hehehe

• many times i have played as the states and germany invaded brazil, it is really annoying because i usually have to build tanks or something to counter attack, but by the time i get there they have an ipc, some fighters and 3+ infantry

• @Zhukov_2003:

many times i have played as the states and germany invaded brazil, it is really annoying because i usually have to build tanks or something to counter attack, but by the time i get there they have an ipc, some fighters and 3+ infantry

Do you mean an IC?

• You can never count out those stealthy Germans. 8) If it was me, I’d just SBR that IC and save the time of flying all the way to Germany. :)

• You can never count out those stealthy Germans.

Oh and they are quite stealthy :P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m