Krieghund please help me with kamikase

• I have definitely not understood the rules due to kamikase attacks. Can you clarify them to me please (if i am japanese, when can i make the kamikase attack? During my turn or during other player turn?).

At first i thought that the japanese player could interrupt other player combat or non combat move through the sea zones with the kamikase simbol to make the kamikase attack.

• Here’s how it works: Japan can only use them after the allies have retaken Philippines or taken Okinawa, Iwo Jima, or Marianas.

They are used during the combat move of an ally. If an ally makes a combat move into the sea zones off Japan, Iwo Jima, okinawa, Formosa, Marianas, or Philippines(all zones with a kami marker), Japan may launch one or more kamikazes which strike before any other combat. They hit at 2 or less and casualties don’t fire back unless they’re damaged battleships. Kamis prevent bombardment. Japan can only make 6 of them per game

• Thanks.

The text you wrote gives no doubt, so it should replace what is written in the rulebook.

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

At first i thought that the japanese player could interrupt other player combat or non combat move through the sea zones with the kamikase simbol to make the kamikase attack.

@calvinhobbesliker:

They are used during the combat move of an ally.

To clarify, Japan declares Kamikaze attacks AFTER an Allied combat move, but BEFRORE the Allied conduct combat starts.

This means that Kamikaze Attacks do not prevent Allied ships from moving during the Combat move phase.

It helps to looks at an example.

1. Let’s say the Japan Kamikaze Attacks are activated like calvinhobbesliker explained.
    2. The US makes his combat moves.
    3. Combat move is now over; no changes can be made.
    4. Now Japan declares their Kamikaze Attacks (how many, which seazones, & which enemy surface warship (not subs or transports). Note the Japan cannot roll 1 Kamikaze, and then see if it hits and then declares another.
    5. Japan rolls dice for Kamikaze Attacks.
    6. Remove casualties.
    7. Allied starts Conduct combat.

Also note that Scrambling aircraft MOVEMENT is the same (attacker make combat moves, combat moves are done, over, finished, can’t be changed. Defender may scramble fighter & tacs. Attacker conducts combat with the Strategic bombings raids first, then the Amphibious assaults second (where the scrambled aircraft come in to defend the seazone)), with General Combat third.

• Official Q&A

To clarify further, kamikaze attacks may be made only in specially-marked sea zones into which at least one enemy ship has moved on the current turn.  However, any enemy surface warship in such a sea zone may be targeted, whether or not it moved in on the current turn.

• Do lone transports count as warships? I know this would be rare, but if Kamikazes are activated and a lone transport wants to take an undefended Formosa can a kamikazes be used to deter the transport?

• @cressman8064:

Do lone transports count as warships? I know this would be rare, but if Kamikazes are activated and a lone transport wants to take an undefended Formosa can a kamikazes be used to deter the transport?

No. Kamis can’t be used on subs, transports, or aircraft

• Official Q&A

… and transports aren’t warships.

• What do you do with the punch-outs?

• Official Q&A

Give them to the Japan player when kamikazes are activated.  He/she then returns one to the box each time a kamikaze is used.

• Krieghund i put them on the board in horizontal position and each time i use one (no matter where) i put one of them verticaly on the board. It helps detecting where the kamikase locations are.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m