• Game Table Online, the Spring 42’ is out of BETA now. So it’ll cost 15USD to activate it to play against other players. My friend and I who live in different countries did it.

Didn’t see any real glitches or problems with the BETA version. Once we finish a full game I’ll let you guys know if anything has been tweaked or changed completely. And of course if it’s worth 15.00$

• Thats too bad.  When it was free I played a few games.  Now that it costs money I will play no games.  Its just really hard for me to find a 6 hour block of time to play a game…in one sitting.

Problems I found with the system:
    1.  no turn marker!  I mean cmon!  Is it round 6 or 7, I can’t remember.
    2.  ftrs don’t provide support against Strategic Bomb raiding.  Its becoming a popular strategy to buy nothing but bombers for Britain and US, they are cheaper and still can bomb Germany to oblivion.
    3.  No function to save a game and pick it up later, no function to be a bystander and watch another person’s game.
    4.  No pause button.  Some of us have to let the dog out when they want to go, not when I want to let them out.

• @JimmyHat:

Thats too bad.  When it was free I played a few games.  Now that it costs money I will play no games.  Its just really hard for me to find a 6 hour block of time to play a game…in one sitting.

2.  ftrs don’t provide support against Strategic Bomb raiding.  Its becoming a popular strategy to buy nothing but bombers for Britain and US, they are cheaper and still can bomb Germany to oblivion.
    3.  No function to save a game and pick it up later, no function to be a bystander and watch another person’s game.
    4.  No pause button.  Some of us have to let the dog out when they want to go, not when I want to let them out.

All valid points actually. I just can’t stand the TripleA and AbattleMap graphics… I know it’s the same, and probably better gameplay but if it doesn’t look pretty I can’t play with it  :lol:

• '16 '15 '10

@McLovin1985:

All valid points actually. I just can’t stand the TripleA and AbattleMap graphics… I know it’s the same, and probably better gameplay but if it doesn’t look pretty I can’t play with it  :lol:

I felt the same way initially, but eventually I got used to TripleA.  Features are where its at and in this category TripleA is the best.  Preferences of this sort seem to depend on habit.

I will purchase GTO’s AA42 but will donate to TripleA first… :)

• Official Q&A

@JimmyHat:

Have you brought these problems to their attention?

• @Krieghund:

@JimmyHat:

Have you brought these problems to their attention?

It’s probably been noted on their forums, but for whatever reason (probably lack of programmers) issues (or features) like this take forever to resolve.  The revised version has/had a huge number of bugs.
    Phantom carriers that disappear when you move to their seazone, too many carriers/fighters crashes the game, sub rules took years to work out correctly.  It took them ages to get a surrender option, then just as long to debug it.  You can do noncombat moves in the combat phase and then continue their move in the noncombat phase.  The bidding system is shoddy (at each bid, designated units are assigned to specific areas, no flexibility allowed).

They’re incredibly slow to make changes or add features.  last I played you couldn’t even choose powers (just axis or allies, everything else was random).  I find it a little offensive that they charge for such a buggy game when they don’t add features or correct issues in a timely manner.

• '10

Just started playing both TripleA and GTO, and I think its great that they are both out there for us to use. All the points above are true, and it would be nice to get the TripleA features on the GTO map. The AI on GTO was worse than TripleA’s but TripleA also had its bugs. The last game I played actually. I was the Allies, and Germany left it’s capital completely unguarded. Not one unit in the territory Germany whatsoever. Just walked in with a couple British units and 3-4 rounds later had Germany dead.

Liking TripleA a little better, but both have area that need improvement, while both have their pluses.

• Think they’ll make a Global version on GTO? Not sure about the time gap between Revised and AA42 when they came out.

• @McLovin1985:

Think they’ll make a Global version on GTO? Not sure about the time gap between Revised and AA42 when they came out.

It’s probably more likely that AA50 would come out (there’s been demand for it on their forums since the boardgame was released).  The 1940 diplomatic rules would probably be impossible for them to code correctly and that game breaks hard when something goes wrong.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m