• 2007 AAR League

I was wondering if anyone has ever considered using the rule that if your capital is taken, all of your pieces except for your AA guns and I.C.'s are permanetly removed from the board and you are out of the game? I believe it makes the game a whole lot simpler and less stressful.

• And I apologize for not putting this under house rules.

• Well you never can tell, maybe an ally will take your capital back for you and your troops can continue fighting in whatever part of the world they were in knowing their homeland is free once more. I think actually that would take away much more from the game that it would add, but that is just my opinion, and I have been known to be wrong.

• 2007 AAR League

Well, the way I see it, it gives each player a much bigger something to fight for, hopefully making them take more risks, which should make the game more interesting. However, again, that’s just the way I see it.

• [quoteUKcommander]I was wondering if anyone has ever considered using the rule that if your capital is taken, all of your pieces except for your AA guns and I.C.'s are permanetly removed from the board and you are out of the game? I believe it makes the game a whole lot simpler and less stressful.

One rule I used is exactly the opposite. When the capital (England in this case) got taken, they collected as usual, and built a new capital in Syria, I believe. This IC was treated as an original, and we managed to completely screw everything up. I know this goes against pretty much every rule, but my friends and I really hate that “stop collecting just because your capital’s gone” rule, so we worked around it-with the approval of the axis, of course.

• it’s usually pretty bad to lose a capital anyway with the plundering of ipc’s and all. The only time I see a capital fall under control is russia. If japan can take russia for sure, then sometimes I will suicide on germany to weaken it so the allies can take it, russia for germany is a good trade for the allies…

• 2007 AAR League

True, but this makes each player work harder to defend their capital, and again, something for every player to work harder for.

• well maybe but historically speaking (yes I know the game is not at all accurate) Russia was considering abandoning moscow. I have never seen a country other than russia lose their capital and still win.

• first of all, the england taking was an accident. secondly, without all of the capitals, (except maybe russia) there’s not much of a chance of either side winning. the only reason we used the rule above was to lengthen the game a little.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m