• has any one played verry defencely w/ germany italy or japan and how did it work-out?

in my game it allowed germany to take russia and britian AT THE SAME TIME!  also same w/ japan(who ingored inda(sorta) and hid usa hard.)

simply world donmonation AXIS!

• @cminke:

has any one played verry defencely w/ germany italy or japan and how did it work-out?

in my game it allowed germany to take russia and britian AT THE SAME TIME!  also same w/ japan(who ingored inda(sorta) and hid usa hard.)

simply world donmonation AXIS!

I don’t see how that could work, allies would build up too much taking out other territories etc. and when USA comes in……end of story. Japan is simply too weak to ignore money and can’t match a 85+ USA.

• I am confused as to how this could have worked? The difference in income has to be closed if your going to win with the axis powers. How did you do that passively?

• comatose allies?

• When i am Germany i expect to get pounded by the big three allies.  Now i launch all my offenses turn one and do invade Russia as soon as reasonable, hopefully G2, usually no later than G3. Russia just falls back soooo quickly.

This game has so many coastal territories for the allies to land in. Old games you cpuld build ten inf and a few fighters and hold France. Now its a counter attack game which i think helps their amphibious forces.

As Germany the trick is to expand to a viable economy then make it very costly and or slow for the allies to kill you. Japan is far away from achievable iniative stealing objectives. Just gotta wait for Japan to get India or create an imbalance someplace

• I am finding that building lots of inf and art helps the axis since they don’t have as many IPCs to spend as the allies.  The allies at least have to buy some fleet first before they start attacking Germany and Italy.  That being said I have a much harder time winning with the axis than I do with the allies so far.

• @MarkVIIIMarc:

When i am Germany i expect to get pounded by the big three allies.  Now i launch all my offenses turn one and do invade Russia as soon as reasonable, hopefully G2, usually no later than G3. Russia just falls back soooo quickly.

This game has so many coastal territories for the allies to land in. Old games you cpuld build ten inf and a few fighters and hold France. Now its a counter attack game which i think helps their amphibious forces.

As Germany the trick is to expand to a viable economy then make it very costly and or slow for the allies to kill you. Japan is far away from achievable iniative stealing objectives. Just gotta wait for Japan to get India or create an imbalance someplace

I agree with the economy and that is precisely why I wait until G4 or usually G5 to attack the Soviets. Using cheap subs and men and artillery will give you the edge your looking for. Cheap units to combat the allied expensive ones. I have never seen an early attack on the Soviet Union go well as they can easily push Germany back if Germany is unprepared…

• You have a valid point. Germany must be prepared. If Hitler builds nine transports and moves the troops west for sealion do not attack Russia. However if the motherland just spent fifty of its sixty round two dollars on a dozen infantry and some mechs then Germany is in better shape. Still like you say, Germany has to watch out for them Russian kill zones.

IMO letting turns pass and letting America build fifty ipc of units a round is a negative trade for that five ipc national objective. The game like chess has an odd cadence or iniative factor. The axis only have so long before the allies are prepared.

To be overly extreme.“America on round one is a helpless baby. Give her five turns and she is ready to flex”.

In chess them five turns are free moves for your pawns towards the other side of the board. In the game them five turns are territories closer to Russian factories, Moscow, or India.

At the very least each territory further into Russia you get is a turn longer it will take them to push you back. Each of them turns they kill your sacrificial one inf while you build out of German factories

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

Hold on here…

How do I take capitals DEFENSIVELY again?  Is that like a forward retreat or what?  If you are playing Defence, how are you able to attack 2 capitals simultaneously… please let me know.

• @Gargantua:

Hold on here…

How do I take capitals DEFENSIVELY again?  Is that like a forward retreat or what?  If you are playing Defence, how are you able to attack 2 capitals simultaneously… please let me know.

I think what he means is to hold the original setup territories until you build up a sufficient surge force, then spew all over the 2 capitals in one foul swoop/move……with such force they can’t resist. Kind of like jacking “on” lol :mrgreen:

• @qwertyuiop:

@Gargantua:

Hold on here…

How do I take capitals DEFENSIVELY again?  Is that like a forward retreat or what?  If you are playing Defence, how are you able to attack 2 capitals simultaneously… please let me know.

I think what he means is to hold the original setup territories until you build up a sufficient surge force, then spew all over the 2 capitals in one foul swoop/move……with such force they can’t resist. Kind of like jacking “on” lol :mrgreen:

How do you reach Moscow from Poland in one move? Or London? How stupid are the allied players to allow this?

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@qwertyuiop:

@Gargantua:

Hold on here…

How do you reach Moscow from Poland in one move? Or London? How stupid are the allied players to allow this?

I meant move as in moves……but yes, i’d hope the allies wouldn’t let it.

• the allies tryed to defend but were out gunned, germany only had trouble w/ moskow cuz of massie inf, sasme w/ usa thy only got 1 tank and 1 inf to europe and 1 inf to japan held teratory.

• @cminke:

the allies tryed to defend but were out gunned, germany only had trouble w/ moskow cuz of massie inf, sasme w/ usa thy only got 1 tank and 1 inf to europe and 1 inf to japan held teratory.

What has that USA been doing???

• watching a us cavalry film. LOL>>> (Eddie Izzard quote for those who don’t under stand.)

they were trying to transport massive fletes but were stoped by ……the flet of Italian subs!!! ya they took gerbrilter  early and defeated Egypt early. same case w/ japan.

• So, in your game, the axis spent the first few turns smashing nearby territories like Gibraltar and Egypt while constructing massive fleets and armies, then exploded, conquering two nations and brushing aside the forces of the only power with a hope of putting a stop to their madness?

If that’s what you mean when you say “verry defencely”, then yes, I have played that way before. It works pretty well for me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m