December 17, 2017, 04:02:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Read all about what's new on the Axis & Allies .org Website Search me
  Articles  
   Home   Help Login Register AACalc  
Pages: « 1 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Recipe for a G4 conquest of Moscow  (Read 1823 times)
Pelanderfunk
A&A.org Mechanized Infantry

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 10:08:35 am »

No, they're also good for killing the Italian fleet in the Med or eventually killing the German fleet when the Baltic is opened

After 5 games of Europe and 2 of Global, I just assume that I'm not going to have much of an Italian fleet after UK1, aside from maybe saving the the destr/cruis/transport for a turn. Though this is one of the first games that I didn't go all out on the UK navy G1 -- I haven't really seen a correlation between taking out the UK home fleet and saving my Italian navy, the UK player will sink it no matter what I do up north.

As far as the Baltic navy goes, the Kill Russia strategy uses it to take out the Russian navy early, then maybe reinforce Norway/Finland with the transport, but I pretty much gave up on Norway anyways. I think the UK player eventually took it out with planes.

I definitely see the importance of taking out UK's navy G1 if you're going for any kind of naval/Sealion build, but when you're focused completely on a land battle with Russia, I say cut your losses. I like taking out the transports, because that postpones a landing until UK2. I can handle the early UK landings, and by US4, I'm ready for the bigger American landings too (but it also really helps to have Japan in Alaska/Hawaii).

MarkVIIIMarc
A&A.org Tank

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2010, 10:39:39 am »

Its just a rare opportunity to have them left open. Also makes it more likely the Italian fleet will live and gives the UK an opportunity to flub up and underprepare for sealion.

I really like your thoughts on the eastern front.  In my current game Italy is making twenty something so they can push a couole troops into Russia and have been 'backed up' towards the Caucasus or India by the brits who are pushing north from south africa.

Pages: « 1 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

2017 Support Drive

Read about this support drive.
Support Level
Forum Username
Note: payee will appear as Livid Labs, LLC.
Buy Axis & Allies
  • Axis & Allies 1942 [Amazon]
  • A&A Pacific 1940 [Amazon]
  • A&A Europe 1940 [FMG]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • A&A D-Day [Amazon]
  • A&A Battle of the Bulge [Amazon]
  • [eBay]
  • [eBay]
  • WWII Themed Combat Dice [FMG]

Axis and Allies.org Official Gold Sponsor: Historical Board Gaming