• So I’ve been reading the forums here and it seems that most people are on board with the idea of Operation Seelowe. I decided I’d take the advice and try it out with my friend the other day. It succeed.On G1 I built 2 transports and 1 AC. Then I used the entire German Air-force and Subs to destroy all remaining British boats. I only took Paris and with all my land troops leaving Normandy for G2. On G2 I built 3 more transports plus some troops to send over I was able to take England with 3 Inf and 3 Art. 2fighters(one was shot down), 1 TB. 1 SB. Of course I didn’t believe I was going to win this battle on G2 against 12 Inf and 2 fighters but I managed.

Now It seems that I have a 54% chance of making it happen each time. It seems like a great gamble to take even if you aren’t going to try Operation Seelowe because the pay out is huge.

Anyways, let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

• 1. It’s Sealion
    2. You invaded with 6 troops and 4 planes against 12 inf and 2 planes? According to this:
    http://www.dskelly.com/misc/aa/aasim.html?&rules=1&aaGuns=true&attInfantry=3&attArtillery=3&attFighter=2&attBomber=2&defInfantry=12&defFighter=2

It’s a less than 2% chance

• calvinhobbesliker … He is using the German word for ‘Sealion’…  Unternehmen Seelöwe…

I was his opponent in this game. He attacked 3 infantry, 3 artillery, 4 fighters, 3 tactical bombers and 1 strategic bomber. I had 12 infantry and 2 fighters. He also had his battleship and cruiser bombard England. Both of those units scored hits. Other than that, neither of us had extremely lucky or unlucky rolls. I was so shocked to see England eliminated so soon that I nearly gave up. Luckily, I stuck it out and eventually won!

Our running tally so far… Allies: 4, Axis: 0… Or to be more precise, Admiral T: 4, Cornmeal: 0.

• @Admiral:

calvinhobbesliker … He is using the German word for ‘Sealion’…  Unternehmen Seelöwe…

I was his opponent in this game. He attacked 3 infantry, 3 artillery, 4 fighters, 3 tactical bombers and 1 strategic bomber. I had 12 infantry and 2 fighters. He also had his battleship and cruiser bombard England. Both of those units scored hits. Other than that, neither of us had extremely lucky or unlucky rolls. I was so shocked to see England eliminated so soon that I nearly gave up. Luckily, I stuck it out and eventually won!

Our running tally so far… Allies: 4, Axis: 0… Or to be more precise, Admiral T: 4, Cornmeal: 0.

Thank you for stating. I figured people know what I men’t by that. Thanks for the correction on my military size. I think my battleship only hit though… I could be wrong. If it wasn’t for me convincing you not to give up you would have never won! You owe me!

• Sorry, the only foreign language I know somewhat is French. Thanks for the correction, though. I think you could have worded it better, since you said, " I was able to take England with 3 Inf and 3 Art. 2fighters(one was shot down), 1 TB. 1 SB. Of course I didn’t believe I was going to win this battle on G2 against 12 Inf and 2 fighters but I managed." I guess the 1st set of units is what you had at the end, so I misunderstood you

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m