• Can a player voluntarily destroy Facilities (Bases, Industrial Complexes)?

• no

• He wouldn’t be welcome in my house anymore! :)

• @tjt:

Can a player voluntarily destroy Facilities (Bases, Industrial Complexes)?

That’s a good idea for a house rule for USSR I think.

• We just played a game last night and I was Russian and my friend Germany and he sniped Leningrad away from me with a clever maneuver that I didn’t see, but then he was kind of stranded behind my lines, so he couldn’t reinforce it easily, but I couldn’t take it back very soon either (I was two turns away, and my relief force was prolly a coin flip anyways), but he was saying that he wished he could just kill all the bases and then sail away lol.

Thankfully he couldn’t, but we were toying with a house rule.

We thought it’d be lame if a single inf could do it, but maybe if the total UV of all the units attempting to sack the assets was equal to or greater than the UV of the assets themselves (IC’s, AA guns, NB, AF etc…) then you could do it.

• Customizer

It’d be more realistic for the player to sabotage a facility - inflicting damage similar to strategic bombing.  The attacker could then pay the equivalent to repair before it becomes operational again.

• Good point! Use units to attack facilities and reduce them in the same way strategic bombing does. This would be a tougher decision. Since it’s not instantaneous the attacker would have to allocate units for a full turn to sit there and damage facilities.

Damage would be equal to a unit’s attack value?

• I have written a rule for this in my 1940 National Advantages

Soviet Union
    3.  Scorched Earth
    In response to the rapid German success on the eastern front, Soviet leaders left desolation as they retreated. The goal was to leave nothing for the Germans to use against the Red Army.
    When you are attacked by an Axis power and more than one round of combat occurred then the attacking Axis power does not collect the IPCs for this territory the turn they capture it. On the third round of combat and onward, you may deal one die of strategic damage to any facility in the territory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m