• I have always been under the impression that the middle east money could be given to any of the allied players. However I find that the rule in the book is very vague and the money makes russia unbeatable.

Quote from page 19 of the rule book states that: “The Middle East consists of independent contries that provide oil and other resources to the Allied forces. During the game, Germany has a chance to control this oil (and the IPCs) by taking over these territories.” This is the only hint in the rule book that says that the allies get anything from the Middle East. On the question of IPC collection the book states that “Whenever Germany captures a Middle East country with an IPC value, the marker on the seperate Middle East column is adjusted.” No where in the rule book does it indicate that the Allies collect any money from the Middle East. My question is do they or do they not? At the moment my friends and I play as if the Allies do recieve the money.

• @Nekkibasara1213:

… On the question of IPC collection the book states that “Whenever Germany captures a Middle East country with an IPC value, the marker on the seperate Middle East column is adjusted.” No where in the rule book does it indicate that the Allies collect any money from the Middle East. My question is do they or do they not? At the moment my friends and I play as if the Allies do recieve the money.

There must be more on that, anyway…
    the way it happens is:
    The allies don’t receive any money from the Middle East. Germany gets money from it, this is marked seperately from the other IPCs, there is an extra box of some 8 or so IPCs next to the main box.
    So, if Germany gets money from there, the Allies must agree on which Ally pays this money directly from his cash to Germany (usually the US). If they can’t agree, then Germany can choose one to pay (usually Russia).

• Thanks for the clarification Falk. We had originaly played w/o middle east money going to allies and found germany nearly unstopable. However giving the money to the allies makes russia nearly invincible as well. The great thing is that it actually insures a historical outcome to the game.

• if you want a game that is really historical, check out advanced historical europe

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m