• Is it me or does UK seem to be a little weak in the game?  It’s all but impossible to destroy ALL the German subs to get your one bonus.  No real territories to get to boost IPC’s either.

• They have a few advantages. It takes a long time to eat up all their IPC income and their capital is closest to any Axis power base.

• Also, they, along with the US, have an excellent position to gobble up Strict Neutral territories money later in the game.

• I played a game last night in which Uk lost its fleet turn 1 and by building a mix of guys and tanks instead of just guys was able to take back Scotland when Germany landed there turn 2. Over the next 3 turns I watched the Uk airforce defend again and again and help make the UK into a fortress. Even without America’s help. I had never seen that done before but it happened. And the German player was the most skilled player on the board, its just the risks the Uk player took paid off.

• Stay on topic

• Yes, the US baited Japan, which is why they left all their Battleships at Pearl Harbor instead of secretly removing them

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Yes, the US baited Japan, which is why they left all their Battleships at Pearl Harbor instead of secretly removing them

i don’t believe they did it on purpose, cause it made them incredibly vulnerable. perhaps they did it at phillipines and guam and wake and such, which would surprise me cause of the stiff resistance offered at those places.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m