• Hello,

I’m new here.

I’ve got some silly questions about AAE40.

1. Is it worth it to buy this game to only play AAE40 and no Global game (I didn’t have enough time for that…)?

2. What is the average time it takes to a complete game?

3. We already have played some AA revised years ago, would it be difficult for us to know the rules of this one (we are used to play big games like FFG games) or is it best for us to buy AA42?

4. Is the plastic peaces of AAE40 the same of AA42 (I know there are more differens types in AAE40 but my question is are for exemple, a AAE40 destroyer the same destroyer in AA42?)?

Thanks for your answers guys!

Brednul.

• Hi there,

I am new here too, but will try to answer your questions ;)

1. I think its worth it, but I got all A&A Games.
       If you want a global scenario AA50 would Be the Best Choice,
       or alternativly a mix of revised and AA42.

2. Well it depends on how fast you play (how many players)
    and if you Fight until the last unit or surrender sooner.
    I would say 6-8 hours for europe with my People.

3. No Giant leap, you Be easy and fast to get familiar with.

4. Don’t really Know, have to look when i am at home. Think they changed Size of some Ships, but i am Not Sure about that…

• @Arminius:

Hi there,

1. I think its worth it, but I got all A&A Games.
       If you want a global scenario AA50 would Be the Best Choice,
       or alternativly a mix of revised and AA42.

Witch part of the revised I must included in the AA42? Is it a “too poor” gameplay without any mix?

@Arminius:

2. Well it depends on how fast you play (how many players)
    and if you Fight until the last unit or surrender sooner.
    I would say 6-8 hours for europe with my People.

Most of the time we will be 3 players(sometimes 4)…Is AAE40 a good game for 3 players (and 4?)? Is it a little bit shorter with 3 players? (We will surrender if there is no more hope, that’s a fact!)

I don’t know what to do…I like global game, but AA42 seems a little bit “poor” (no research, map to small…) and AA50 is no more available at a normal price…
    Then I looked for AAE40…Most complete rules, great map, but not global…
    I don’t know what to do…(did I already said that?)
    My playing time are also about 6 hours or seven maximum (no more, it’s to long for us)…

Help me to choose please…

Thank you for your answers!

Brednul.

• I would say Europe40 is a great game on its own. We have only played a couple times with 4 players, but the time line isn’t to bad once the first round is complete. Plan on that first complete round (at least in you first game) to take about 1 1/2 hours by time you figure out all the new units and rules. Both sides have a lot of options. The Neutral powers (Russia & US don’t take as long, because they are just purchasing units, and repositioning the first couple of turns. After that it flows about the same as previous games. Our average game has went about 10 rounds (keep in mind that US & Russia don’t normally come in to the 3rd turn or so). Plus the fact that at a later date you can always buy the other 1/2 Pac40 (or your friends could). Now the first round in global can take over two hours the first couple times you play, and there is a time investment. We have had games go 10 rounds (in sessions over a couple days) w/o being able to declare a winner.

By the way AA50 (anniversary) is a great global game (I have it), good luck finding it for under $300.00 to $500.00. Hope there is a reprint at some point.

• Thank you,

I’m just about to be excited for buying AAE40 and use to play has it is (not  global with AAP40). But have some other questions.

1.Is it a good game for playing with 3 players (I need to be shure about that because it will be our main configuration)?

2.If yes, witch are the best combination of power/player (player 1: G/It, player 2:UK/US, player 3 : USSR/Fr or something else…)? And by the way for 4 players? (is it said in the rulebook?)

3.In this configuration (3 players) how long would take a game? (6 hours would be enough?)

4.With 3 players the downtime should be small,no?

About quality: Are they enough army pieces in the box? I read of some depleted UK army after set up, is that right? Is it a probleme, or using the grey “chips” is part of the solution?

Thanks a lot for your answers!  :wink:

Brednul.

• Brednul,

AA42 and AA40 pieces are identical - made in the same color and size. I am a piece fanatic and I have spare sets for every A&A made (over 10,000 pieces I think now).

It is a great idea to have an AA42 game for extras, Minor complexes, AA guns - check out my thread on the global board for new major complex plastic pieces for $2.50 shipped.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m