• Played 1/2 of a team game tonight.  I had life pretty easy as America and Australia lol.  The Axis did not even make any attacks which get the US in the war on round 3.  More I watch this the more I think it puts them at a disadvantage.

I keep seeing Japan get distracted in Russia and not take the Borneo, Java, etc.  In northern Europe a feint at Sea Lion with a back up of the amphibious landing in Leningrad happened again also. My first two Axis games I did the same thing.  Germany can not FORCE Sea Lion on England and ends up building a carrier or two to protect its fleet.  Sea Lion feints help Italy out since the UK can’t spend much in South Africa though and that double landing in Scotland on G2 does potentially get 16 Germans into attacking London and creates a potential disaster if England attacks the 8 or so land units in Scotland and wins.

With my US strategy I dared Japan by totally abandoning the Pacific just to see if Japan would attack me.  It barely worked.  He just captured Hawaii and sent a few folks after the Philippines.  So of course now it is the end of turn 4 I have a huge navy off Gibraltar West and landed a few bombers there with only a couple inf and barely any protection to goad Italy into wasting transports there.

America with all that money is like the timer in the game.

Like someone pointed out a G1 attack kills Russian inf which usually just backs up.

I propose it also gets the Axis a square or two closer to Moscow or India since America isn’t activated by Germany attacking Russia.

Further Japan must take them high dollar islands to neuter India’s ability to fight back.  This leaves Japan the choice of going India crush if America ignores it or attacking Russia in force if India looks like a pain and Russia screws the pooch with their 18inf or if Stalin has too many troops in Europe as well.

A G1 or G2 attack on Russia puts America at best 5 turns from being able to force a landing in Italy, probably 7 or 8 depending.

In my games Italy has had a pretty good time of things in Africa averaging between 20 and 30 bucks income so they are not entirely helpless.  Japan has to come blockade my west coast and take 12 or more bucks a turn to force me into building 4 or 5 Aircraft Carriers there on the second turn of them doing that.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m