• Thinking about what Soviet Union should do. All of this assumes germany doesn’t attack Soviet Union G1.

I’m thinking that the Soviet Union has quite a few men to start off with, and they probably want to make sure they get to use them weel. I’m thinking that the Soviet Union should place one infantry in each of the territories adjacent to Germany and Finland. The rest should be stacked, along with any artillery, into the following territories so that they can hit back any initial advance onto Soviet Territory: Western Ukraine; Belarus; Novgorod. I reckon, stack these as high as you can with everything you can. Tanks and mech can get there from Russia and Volgograd in one. Therefore, I reckon just stacking these until you can assess what Germany is doing. If they don’t attack until G4, they’re stuffed, because those stacks can just retreat into Russia and not much will be able to take them before the Yanks get involved. This is why I’m thinking a G1 attack on Russia is a good idea. Two or more of these stacks can hit any Soviet territory bordering Germany/ Finland. The northern territories can be protected by planes whcih can run between Russia and Novgorod. That being said, gotta watch you flanks.

Like in the real war, raize and retreat seems like a good policy, keeping your stacks out of reach of anything that can take them. I’ve treied this once, and it worked well, but you have to be pumping out men in Novgorod each turn and probably mech from Volgograd. Like earlier versions, echange infantry, but don’t lose your tanks or your planes.

Obviously this is a very generic strategy, and similar to every other version, but I’d like to know if there are any other strats for Russia.

• '21 '18

Instead of waiting for a German attack, why not send troops to bother Japan? The mechs and tanks can be send to China and the three Russian planes can be used to support the 18 infantry stack on the Far East.

My friend and have been playing a game for two days and this strategy helped me a lot to keep India alive. This way, UK and China can deliver some solid blows to Japan and help the US player positionn himself in the Pacific.

• @Sire:

Instead of waiting for a German attack, why not send troops to bother Japan? The mechs and tanks can be send to China and the three Russian planes can be used to support the 18 infantry stack on the Far East.

My friend and have been playing a game for two days and this strategy helped me a lot to keep India alive. This way, UK and China can deliver some solid blows to Japan and help the US player positionn himself in the Pacific.

this will work in Global but this is Europe…Sire  :wink:

• I’d worry about a potential can opener threat in the south from germany and Italy.  It also seems that the north is going to be tough to defend, if not impossible against a determined Germany.

I think for my first game i’m going to try and get as many artillery into Belarus and Bryansk as humanly possible, along with a good quantity of infantry in the first 2-3 turns, then switch to primarily mech infantry for the mobility.  I won’t try to hold the line as much as i’ll try to kill as many German units as I can.

• '21 '18

@pusfilledwart:

@Sire:

this will work in Global but this is Europe…Sire  :wink:

Oups! Wrong board. Sorry guys. I was too excited yesterday from my game and I forgot to check.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m