• So I ordered my stuff from CoolstuffInc. on the 18th of Aug.  I didn’t have AAP40 yet either.  I saw on their site AAP40 $59 and AAE40 for $60.  I figured what the hell.  When everything went in I got FREE shipping as well!  Sweet deal so far.

Watching my invoice on their site to determine when I would get it.  It has been “In Queue” since puchase.  I look today and it’s down the street from me.  HOLY CRAP!

Great service from these guys.  I’ll definitely order again.

I’m gettin’ my game today.  I’m gettin’ my game today.  (Sings this while dancing in office)

• great stuff,enjoy your first game

• Everybody but me is getting that game early. I order 6 copies the first day it was offered and i have to wait. Not fair. :x

• @Imperious:

Everybody but me is getting that game early. I order 6 copies the first day it was offered and i have to wait. Not fair. :x

If your going to order that many, order them from different places next time (two each to save shipping). That way maybe one of them will send it early. You could also order from a game/hobby shop (they normally get them a day early). If you go to the AH site you can also click on find a store (only check the AA box or it will give you Magic stores too). Call a 1/2 dozen stores in your area, someone will sell early. I had to make 10 calls and drive 30 miles (paid a little more), but it was worth it IMO.

• Just curious IL… why do you need six copies?

• @Bruda_Iz:

Just curious IL… why do you need six copies?

It’s like a Wall Street investment, he’s investing in Axis and Allies.

Kidding, I don’t know, but I am curious also.

• Well if what happened to the price of Anniversary is anything to go by he made a very good investment!  :-D

• anniversary was limited run, so no, this will not happen, I can still buy Pac a year later at the same price. They may drop these in like a year or 2 when the next best thing is ready, but I doubt it even then, as this is probably the masterpiece, anything else will be different. And to be honest, other than rule changes, what can they add now without going 39 or maybe pre-war? I may be wrong, but my bet is anyone buying copies to sell either wasted a tonne of money or are going to be selling them at cost if they are lucky (i would never give someone full price for a game even if it wasnt opened when I can buy my own at a store)

• My local Hobbytown store isn’t getting the game until Thursday. They said Wizards has been really bad with meeting their shipping demands lately, and this is one of the largest retailers of M:TG in the Midwest. Just made me think they would have it because of their size. In fact I bought Pacific from that same store the Saturday morning before it was officially due to release. I’m kind of pissed it wasn’t there this morning, at least I should still have it for my all-day game on Saturday.

• from what I’ve read the best places to get this game early are the small specialty game stores.  The one I got it had even had it cheaper than alot of the online places plus I didnt have to pay shipping and picked it up yesterday.

• I GOT MY GAME!!! When I went to get groceries I came and saw my GAME!!! THE MAP IS SWEET. Im busy today but tommorow ill try to take pictures. I did get it from coolstuffinc.

• I buy 6 copies and hand them out to choice people who deserve one. Also to support the product.

• wow!  If your undying commitment to this game isnt demonstrated enough by how much time you spend on this site buying 6 copies of this game ought to totally seal the deal.  Say…… IL are you Larry Harris’s alter ego?

• Bruda, I would agree that is who Imperious Leader is!  He is who Larry Harris wants to be but is constrained by the people at WoTC.  For example, his maps are awesome but he always clashes with the minor technicalities of the game and would like the game more complex.  I believe he is Larry’s way to vent the frustration at this game yet still act like he is reigned in by his distributor.  Brilliant!

• hand them out? what qualifies such a gift, as next release I may just aim at that lol.

• '22 '19 '18

I ordered from coolstuffinc and I checked today my status is shipped out on 8/24.  Since I live in Western US I won’t get mine (according to UPS tracking) until Monday 8/30 :cry:

Another guy in my group ordered it from a local store for $12 more and got it on 8/23.  I learned my lesson, $12 is worth getting it early!!!

The optimist in me says that by time I get it all the errors will be found and the first errata will be available and I can play a more accurate first game.

• For P1940 I ordered from coolstuff and got it a day early.

Stuff happens, I guess.

• I pre-ordered from Coolstuffinc earlier this month, it will be at my house tomorrow!

• Huh, I thought with six copies you could just string them end to end and play an unfathomably epic version of the game.

• @darthvaderlikescheese:

Huh, I thought with six copies you could just string them end to end and play an unfathomably epic version of the game.

Except the Americas don’t line up

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m