• Why didn’t they make the Dutch East Indies pro-allies neutrals in the game? They could be worth the same amount but just have garrisons of 1-2 inf, representing what they had historically. The UK/ANZAC would still have to land units to occupy them, but the Japanese would actually have to fight them (as they did historically). What are everyone else’s thoughts on this?

• Most likely, the main reason is that they simply didn’t want to include all the complicated neutral rules of Europe in Pacific just for 4 Pro-Allied territories. Another thing may have just been aesthetics, though that was likely far less predominant.

However, I agree with you, they should have made the DEI and Mexico Pro-Allied and Siam Pro-Axis.

• '10

I think this, combined with moving one Brit transport, could possibly work to balance Pacific, without having to resort to all the other proposed changes.  Could be wrong, though–I’ve only played eight games or so.

• @eudemonist:

I think this, combined with moving one Brit transport, could possibly work to balance Pacific, without having to resort to all the other proposed changes.  Could be wrong, though–I’ve only played eight games or so.

At least it would help balance the game without going overboard. Also French Indo China should have at least one French infantry. They had like 25,000 troops stationed there.

• @Koningstiger:

@eudemonist:

At least it would help balance the game without going overboard. Also French Indo China should have at least one French infantry. They had like 25,000 troops stationed there.

but did they fight against the japs?

• but did they fight against the japs?

In real life they fought until the France surrendered and then remained loyal to Vichy France (and surrendered to Japan). But since this game ignores Vichy France and assumes all French forces are Free French, I think it’s more accurate to have a small garrison there. My favorite is 2 infantry, plus a destroyer and a transport off of FIC. It balances the game a little more and gives France a little bit of involvement in the Pacific (assuming Japan forgoes a J1 attack…)

• @GrizzlyMan:

but did they fight against the japs?

In real life they fought until the France surrendered and then remained loyal to Vichy France (and surrendered to Japan). But since this game ignores Vichy France and assumes all French forces are Free French, I think it’s more accurate to have a small garrison there. My favorite is 2 infantry, plus a destroyer and a transport off of FIC. It balances the game a little more and gives France a little bit of involvement in the Pacific (assuming Japan forgoes a J1 attack…)

That was my point as well: The game assumes all french forces to be Free French. On the other hand the fact that they were Vichy might be better represented by NOT having any forces there, so as it is now.

I do agree that for game balancing purposes it would be better to introduce them, The same goes for Dutch forces. I’d make it a pro-Allied neutral. Give them a few infantry and also a small fleet. Cruiser and transport or so.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m