Crazy (but great) strat for germany

• I thought of a great strat. for germany. Save the 12 ipcs. then build 4 transports and 1 aircraft carior. Move danish trans to baltic sea, place built units here as well. On second turn Germany can transport 10 inf into Leningrad or onto england. plus a carior with 2 fighters on it is a great asset for flying missions in finland/northern russia. The best thing is the brits are forced to build defenders on first turn or else you can conquer them.

• Nekkibasara, and if the british attack your trns&carrier fleet with their navy&air units. Navy you could stop or destroy completely, but attacking that naval group with all air power would destroy it very effectively.

My friend tried another tactic, rather slow attacking to england, but scary. Making 2 Battleships on turn 1 and after that making destroyer&trns for 2 turns, and on turn starting destroy the english defenders.

The BB which can soak 2 hits is very effective, you must do 3 hits to make on casualty…

• Not to ruin the Axis battlewagon party, but it takes 2 hits to sink a BB!

• I think he meant that there are 2 bb’s which can absorb 2 hits each so you would need 3 hits to cause loss. With the slow strategy, I don’t think Germany can win. I will even fly russian air to uk to defend. If I see the germans saving the initial 12, I know something is up, so I will be more likely to give less to russia.

• Well, i think the guest overestimated the UK air power, although i as german would rather leave the AC and build some DDs instead.
    Sending two fighter and one bomber against 5 trannies plus something, well that can safely be the end of the whole RAF.

Sealion is a valid strategy for Germany, and not too unpromising.

• sealion is a valid strategy, you can see my version I posted it in “Website/Forum Discussion” I wanted them to post it on the site.
    Maybe with different rules germany can get a carrier Possibly, Germany has to spend 1/3 of money on navy/air. But then a bid for axis would be needed.
    Otherwise, the europe axis powers didn’t really have carriers, germany had an unfinished one that the russians took but for some reason it sunk when it was being towed to a russian port. The Italians had another that was nearly complete right when the Italians switched sides, I think it was scuttled by Italians so the Germans couldn’t use it!

• I really like the idea, but building 1 battleship, 1 aircraft carrier and 1 transport may work a little better. Combining these with the exisiting transport, you are at a disadvantage on the attack roll (4, 3, 1, 1, vs. 4, 3, 3), but with the 2-shot battleship it’s basically 5 vs. 3 and most people would not take those odds. On your next turn you could use it all on an amphibious invasion with the Battleship providing offshore. This will also force Britain with 25 IPCs to build expensive units to take you out. However, you have to have destroyed all of Britain’s navy around mainland Britain with your subs and airforce for this strategy to be effective.

• Game History

Round :1

Purchase Units - Russians
                Russians buy 3 artillerys and 4 infantry; 0 PUs remaining

Combat Move - Russians
                1 armour and 3 infantry moved from Archangel to West Russia
                2 armour, 1 artillery and 3 infantry moved from Russia to West Russia
                1 infantry moved from Karelia S.S.R. to Archangel
                2 infantry moved from Karelia S.S.R. to West Russia
                1 fighter moved from Karelia S.S.R. to West Russia
                1 fighter moved from Russia to West Russia
                1 armour and 1 artillery moved from Caucasus to West Russia
                2 infantry moved from Kazakh S.S.R. to Caucasus
                1 infantry moved from Caucasus to West Russia
                2 infantry moved from Novosibirsk to Russia
                2 infantry moved from Evenki National Okrug to Russia
                2 infantry moved from Yakut S.S.R. to Buryatia S.S.R.
                1 infantry moved from Soviet Far East to Buryatia S.S.R.
                1 submarine moved from 4 Sea Zone to 2 Sea Zone

Combat - Russians
                Battle in West Russia
                    Russians attack with 4 armour, 2 artillerys, 2 fighters and 9 infantry
                    Germans defend with 1 armour, 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                        Russians roll dice for 4 armour, 2 artillerys, 2 fighters and 9 infantry in West Russia, round 1 :  4/17 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour, 1 artillery and 3 infantry in West Russia, round 1 :  4/5 hits
                        4 infantry owned by the Russians , 3 infantry owned by the Germans and 1 artillery owned by the Germans lost in West Russia
                        Russians roll dice for 4 armour, 2 artillerys, 2 fighters and 5 infantry in West Russia, round 2 :  6/13 hits
                        Germans roll dice for 1 armour in West Russia, round 2 :  0/1 hits
                        1 armour owned by the Germans lost in West Russia
                    Russians win, taking West Russia from Germans with 4 armour, 2 artillerys, 2 fighters and 5 infantry remaining. Battle score for attacker is 6
                    Casualties for Germans: 1 armour, 1 artillery and 3 infantry
                    Casualties for Russians: 4 infantry

Non Combat Move - Russians
                1 aaGun moved from Russia to West Russia
                1 fighter moved from West Russia to Caucasus
                1 fighter moved from West Russia to Caucasus

Place Units - Russians
                2 artillerys and 2 infantry placed in Caucasus
                1 artillery and 2 infantry placed in Russia

Turn Complete - Russians
                Russians collect 26 PUs; end with 26 PUs total

Territory Summary for Russians :

Soviet Far East : 1 infantry
        Archangel : 1 infantry
        Caucasus : 1 aaGun, 2 artillerys, 1 factory, 2 fighters and 6 infantry
        West Russia : 1 flag, 1 aaGun, 4 armour, 2 artillerys and 5 infantry
        Buryatia S.S.R. : 5 infantry
        Russia : 1 artillery, 1 factory and 6 infantry
        2 Sea Zone : 1 submarine

Production/PUs Summary :

Russians : 26 / 26
        Germans : 38 / 40
        British : 30 / 30
        Japanese : 30 / 30
        Americans : 42 / 42

A&A Forum : http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=1987.7#msg32241

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m