• First off, i just got the game and i love it. But i dont really under stand some aspects of the game maybe you can help me.

Say i have 3 infantry and i am attacking a teritory with 1 infantry 1 tank and 2 fighter jets.
    And i so happen to roll a one.

Do i get to choose what i kill?

and can infantry even take out airplanes?

Convoys, i dont really understand them and the rule book doesnt really say much. How do they work. /

Do i just have to have a ship sitting in a convoy area?

and how do i know how much IPCs i get from it?

• '12

@Doomreaperx:

First off, i just got the game and i love it. But i dont really under stand some aspects of the game maybe you can help me.

Say i have 3 infantry and i am attacking a teritory with 1 infantry 1 tank and 2 fighter jets.
    And i so happen to roll a one.

Do i get to choose what i kill?

and can infantry even take out airplanes?

Convoys, i dont really understand them and the rule book doesnt really say much. How do they work. /

Do i just have to have a ship sitting in a convoy area?

and how do i know how much IPCs i get from it?

1. Your opponent chooses his loss.  Infantry can indeed kill a plane.

2.Yes, just have a ship there. You get nothing from it…but your opponent loses from it if you have ships there during his collect income phase.  He collects one less ipc for each warship (not a transport) and 2 less ipc’s for each sub in the convoy space. However he can not lose more than the value of the land territores that touch that convoy zone.  So if a convoy zone connects to two land territories worth 1 and 3 ipcs, your opponent cannot lose more than 4 ipc’s from the ships in that space.

Hope that helps.

• yes this helped alot thank you!

• Official Q&A

Welcome, Doomreaperx!

I will add one clarification to Moralecheck’s excellent answer:  “However he can not lose more than the value of the land territories that he controls that touch that convoy zone.”

• '12

@Krieghund:

Welcome, Doomreaperx!

I will add one clarification to Moralecheck’s excellent answer:  “However he can not lose more than the value of the land territories that he controls that touch that convoy zone.”

Your attention to detail is bar none!!

• Krieghund,

I’m struggling with one aspect of the convoy rule.  From the way I read it there also must be an enemy warship in the SZ too to be able to disrupt you enemy convoys.  Is that correct?  From what I read in the forums it doesnt seem like anyone else understands it that way.  Do I have it wrong?  What am I missing here?

• Official Q&A

It seems that you do have a misconception.  Here’s how it works:

On your turn, during the Collect Income phase, you check for convoy sea zones that are adjacent to territories that you control and contain enemy warships (not transports).  It doesn’t matter if there are friendly warships in the sea zone or not.  For each such sea zone, count up the enemy warships (subs count as two), compare that total to the total IPC value of your territories that touch the sea zone, then subtract the lesser number from your income for the turn.

• That means that if you would have (in theory) 6 land zones connecting a sea zone with convoy, that a submarine would kill 6x2 IPC’s in the collect phase, provided all those 6 territories are 2 or more IPC. Right?

• '22 '19 '18

No only minus 2.  So if the IPC value of surronding territories was 6 the sub would only subract 2 IPC.  It would take 3 subs (2x3) to subtract all 6 IPC.  Now if there were 4 subs in the sea zone (2x4=8) the nation would only lose 6 IPC because the value of the territories only equal 6.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m