Friendly neutrals: multiple territories

• When a friendly neutral consists of more territories (like Persia) is it sufficient to move into the country (so North West persia or whatever it is called) or do you actually need to move into the area called Persia itself to take control of its forces?

• Each neutral is treated as an independent country. Activating one doesn’t activate another. You saw this in Mongolia rules in P40

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Each neutral is treated as an independent country. Activating one doesn’t activate another. You saw this in Mongolia rules in P40

That’s not what I mean…OK, sticking to the Mongolia analogy (I’ve only played P40 twice because it as so horribly unbalanced as a stand-alone in Japan’s favour…), when you take control of one area in Mongolia, do you take control of the entire country? Anyway, I guess Mongolia is a different case altogether, since it’s a true neutral if I remember correctly. Persia is pro-Allies. So what I’m really asking is: If the Russians (or another member of the Allied side) march into part of Persia, do they automatically control the whole country? (So not just an area). So taking the United States as an example-aussiming they’d be a pro Allied neutral and Canadian troops walk in there- if you enter Central US, do you also control Western and Eastern US, i.e. do you get their troops. I know it’s not exactly the same case, but I hope you get what I mean now…

• @Koningstiger:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Each neutral is treated as an independent country. Activating one doesn’t activate another. You saw this in Mongolia rules in P40

That’s not what I mean…OK, sticking to the Mongolia analogy (I’ve only played P40 twice because it as so horribly unbalanced as a stand-alone in Japan’s favour…), when you take control of one area in Mongolia, do you take control of the entire country? Anyway, I guess Mongolia is a different case altogether, since it’s a true neutral if I remember correctly. Persia is pro-Allies. So what I’m really asking is: If the Russians (or another member of the Allied side) march into part of Persia, do they automatically control the whole country? (So not just an area). So taking the United States as an example-aussiming they’d be a pro Allied neutral and Canadian troops walk in there- if you enter Central US, do you also control Western and Eastern US, i.e. do you get their troops. I know it’s not exactly the same case, but I hope you get what I mean now…

No to all. I’m saying that Japan taking one mongolian tt doesn’t even activate the other 5 to join the allies. Also, if they survive an attack by Japan, they can’t leave their territory.

If Russia walks into NW Persia, they only get NW Persia

• Official Q&A

It’s important to make a distinction between neutral territories and neutral powers, as they are not treated in the same way.  There is no such power in the game as “Persia” or “Mongolia”.  Each territory in those areas is treated completely separately.  An action on one has no effect on the others (other than the effects on strict neutrals that are stated in the rules).

• hmm I think I just read this on another tread  :-P

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m