What to do with French African infantry?

• What should the French player do with French colonial forces in Africa, particularly North Africa? Should the three infantry all combine in Algeria for form a stack of three? Should they all stay where they are?

I’m pretty sure the infantry in French West Africa would be much better off marching off to Egypt, but what should the Syrian infantry do? Stay where it is, or bolster the Allies in Egypt?

• Well, Italy will probably take Tunisia on I1, so I’d combine the remaining 2 on Morocco, out of reach of Italy and reinforcable by the US. I1 may also take wither Syria, killing the inf, or Jordan. If either happen, that inf can’t move since it’s either dead or all adjacent tt(Turkey, Iraq, Jordan) have units in them. The West Africa inf goes to Sudan or Congo to meet with retreating Egypt forces and advancing south African forces, since Egypt will initially fall. Keep the Med fleet defended by the Brit carrier as long as possible. The Madagascar DD can go into the Pacific or the Med, if the Suez is still open. It can also go into the Atlantic to do sub hunting

• Im actualy thinking of pullinf the Algerian to Morocco, and picking them up somehow with the French West African guy before the US is in the war. The UK would have to provide these transports somehow.

Why do this you ask?

I have a strategy that involves landing the French units using american transports after the US does their D-Day. The US forces on england will be depleated, and some spare transports can be left behind to allow the French to cross over to normandy.

After a hit from the UK, a hit from the US, a NCM landing of 4 french reenforcements, and retalitory hit from the UK next turn……this might be the only way to take normandy seeing as germany will be able to make it tougher than ever.

• @oztea:

Im actualy thinking of pullinf the Algerian to Morocco, and picking them up somehow with the French West African guy before the US is in the war. The UK would have to provide these transports somehow.

Why do this you ask?

I have a strategy that involves landing the French units using american transports after the US does their D-Day. The US forces on england will be depleated, and some spare transports can be left behind to allow the French to cross over to normandy.

After a hit from the UK, a hit from the US, a NCM landing of 4 french reenforcements, and retalitory hit from the UK next turn……this might be the only way to take normandy seeing as germany will be able to make it tougher than ever.

Umm, using an ally’s transport takes 2 turns to finish

• i know that, im just assuming there will be a vast conglomoration of us transports near england that france could borrow 2 for 2 turns, when the D-Day strike is in order

• If Germany is in the position where it’s losing Normandy, is it really worth all the trouble to bring French units over? Also, you can’t attack effectively with them so why not bring more US units for a bigger punch to Germany?

• This game will likeley need a hammer approach to taking france rather than the funnel of transports

Because of the distance between the US, UK, and Normandy. The US fleet wont run like clockwork back and forth to canada like in other AA games.

There will be turns not enough transports can be filled because of logistics issues.
    If you have the French INF in UK, and could get maybe 3 more, these units are insulated against combat when/if they land during an NCM move. And could be good fodder for the US/UK units there doing the real fighting.

im also thinking of the psycological impact on the german player. to add 4 infantry to france, then take paris and add 4 more? humliation combined with a useful stack to protect paris on the road to victory.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m