• I have been playing axis and allies 1942 but I am curious about other versions.  Is aniversary edition better or revised better.  I don’t mind spending some more money to buy other versions of the game.  I am just curious what the pros prefer to play.

Thanks for any advice in advance.

Frank

• Global is the best game

• @calvinhobbesliker:

Global is the best game

Calvin means the new 1940 game, which will be sold later this month.  You have to buy Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940 ($60 each) to play the new global game.  It will be the new gold standard.

Since November of 2008, the Anniversary edition was the game to play.  It makes all other versions a joke.  The global 1940 game will be much more involved, so as long as you have the time, or play online, then global 1940 will soon make Anniversary a joke.

So, as of the end of this month, all of us “pros” will be playing global 1940 and nothing else.  :-)

• @gamerman01:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Global is the best game

Calvin means the new 1940 game, which will be sold later this month.  You have to buy Pacific 1940 and Europe 1940 ($60 each) to play the new global game.  It will be the new gold standard.

Since November of 2008, the Anniversary edition was the game to play.  It makes all other versions a joke.  The global 1940 game will be much more involved, so as long as you have the time, or play online, then global 1940 will soon make Anniversary a joke.

So, as of the end of this month, all of us “pros” will be playing global 1940 and nothing else.  :-)

Hell, I’m playing a global game right now!

• Okay thanks for all the replies everyone.  I saw 1940 Pacific at the store and was wondering about it.  So I will buy that and then buy the europe part when it comes out and things should be cool.

Thanks

• Global is going to be the way to go.  No doubt.  However, if time is a concern, Spring 1942 is still a great option.  We play this on Monday nights.  A couple of things though.  GET RID OF THE BOARD!  Download IL’s map and get it printed somewhere.  This is a must.  #2 get an extra set of money.  Poker chips, old style money, whatever.  Those 2 things alone make 1942 version worth playing.

• '12

@Chompers#2:

Okay thanks for all the replies everyone.  I saw 1940 Pacific at the store and was wondering about it.  So I will buy that and then buy the europe part when it comes out and things should be cool.

Thanks

Just make sure you get the errata for Pacific 1940.  They rewrote LOTS of the rules and it seems they still are.  Also the game is short by a few tac bombers for Japan. Drop WotC an email and the will gladly send you some (and a corrected battleboard too).

• @docfav7:

Global is going to be the way to go.  No doubt.  However, if time is a concern, Spring 1942 is still a great option.  We play this on Monday nights.  A couple of things though.  GET RID OF THE BOARD!  Download IL’s map and get it printed somewhere.  This is a must.  #2 get an extra set of money.  Poker chips, old style money, whatever.  Those 2 things alone make 1942 version worth playing.

Try it first. So many people dis the '42 board, when it is perfectly playable. Definitely try playing on it and see if you like it before spending a bunch of money to get a new one printed.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m