• In AA revised 2004 some theories said that you had to invest all your money in infantry instead of tanks.

Those were wrong theories because (and i am not going to explain the math and statistic) investing all the money in tanks allowed Germany to take SU capital in the first round (due between other things the 2 spaces moving capacity) and this severelly cripled SU saving lots of money in not destroyed units for Germany.

Now the tanks are too expensive and those theories about investing all the money in infantry gain sustentability.

• The funny thing about tanks being 6 IPC’s now is I always end up with 5 IPC’s left to spend after deciding what else I need to purchase and I raise my hands in the air and curse the A&A gods.

• Turn 1(?!). How do you want to pull that off? Or do you mean the 42 scenario? Still, that would be very poor play by the Russians then, since they go first. Karelia (Leningrad) is often taken on G1, but Caucasus is all but impossible (if the Russians make the right attacks, place the right builds and the dice do what they should). Moscow is utterly impossible, given sensible Russian play. Remember, they go first in the 42 scenario!

• @MEGAEINSTEIN:

Now the tanks are too expensive

Then don’t buy them. :?

• It’s the only possibility with the addition of mech infantry. If tanks had still cost five, why on earth would you ever buy mech infantry for 4 IPCs if you could have a 3/3 unit that can Blitz rather than a 1/2 unit that cannot blitz for a mere 1IPC less? :mrgreen:

• @Koningstiger:

It’s the only possibility with the addition of mech infantry. If tanks had still cost five, why on earth would you ever buy mech infantry for 4 IPCs if you could have a 3/3 unit that can Blitz rather than a 1/2 unit that cannot blitz for a mere 1IPC less? :mrgreen:

But I have 5 IPC"s left, I want to buy a tank!  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

• it is strange…nothing costs 5 IPCs

• @pusfilledwart:

it is strange…nothing costs 5 IPCs

Nothing costs 1, 2, 9, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, or 19 ipcs either.

• Yes but I when you do wind up with 5 ipcs it would be nice to spend it evenly

• @fanofbond:

Yes but I when you do wind up with 5 ipcs it would be nice to spend it evenly

You’ll have to make different buying choices. If you used to buy say two tanks for 10 IPCs, you’ll now buy a tank+ mech ibnfantry or 3 infantry and have one IPC left. If you do end up with 5 IPCs left over, you could save them for next turn and perhaps then buy a few tanks etc.

• Just buy a mech and save the rest.

• I think fighters are too expensive comparied to tanks. loose all your fighters, they are hard to replace.

• @pusfilledwart:

Well I guess a Sub if you get improved shipyard is.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@pusfilledwart:

You can save 1 or 2 IPC’s to spend next turn.  Every other number there can be broken down into different combination of units. 5 is the only denomination where you are guaranteed to have to save (or waste depending on what rules/house rulles you play by) either 1 or 2 IPC’s.

• @Seven_Patch:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@pusfilledwart:

You can save 1 or 2 IPC’s to spend next turn.  Every other number there can be broken down into different combination of units. 5 is the only denomination where you are guaranteed to have to save (or waste depending on what rules/house rulles you play by) either 1 or 2 IPC’s.

No. 1 and 2 force you to save 1 or 2.

• @calvinhobbesliker:

No what?  If you only have 1 or 2 IPC’s left then you save them if your playing by rules that allow you to save 1 or 2.

• @Seven_Patch:

@calvinhobbesliker:

No what?  If you only have 1 or 2 IPC’s left then you save them if your playing by rules that allow you to save 1 or 2.

Exactly. If you have 2 ipcs, you save 2. If you have 5 ipcs, buy an inf and save 2

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Seven_Patch:

@calvinhobbesliker:

Exactly. If you have 2 ipcs, you save 2. If you have 5 ipcs, buy an inf and save 2

Okay  :-D  My point is that if something cost 5 then in theory you would never need to save 1 or 2 IPC.  Of course circumstances usually require players to buy specific units in which you would end up saving 1 or 2 IPC’s.

• I just had an Idea, what if you could spend 1 IPC to upgrade an Infantry unit to Mech Infantry?

The rule would be that the Infantry can not have moved during combat or non combat and is located on a territory with a IC.

• @Seven_Patch:

I just had an Idea, what if you could spend 1 IPC to upgrade an Infantry unit to Mech Infantry?

The rule would be that the Infantry can not have moved during combat or non combat and is located on a territory with a IC.

Not a bad idea, but still just a house rule. Maybe you can get Larry to rubber stamp it in his optional rules for LH endorsement. I would come up w/some thing better then I have a few bucks left over and want to spend it though.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m