• It’s not like there aren’t a lot of roundels in these games for non-playable countries.  If they’re going to give Canada a roundel even though it generates British income, why not do the same for Belgian Congo?  Also, does anyone else think it’s ironic that the only Dutch possession that doesn’t have a Dutch roundel is the Netherlands itself?  I suppose it makes sense from a practical standpoint, but it is kind of strange.

• The Dutch roundels in the Dutch East Indies show that they are separate from the UK to start. They are not controlled by anybody. The Netherlands doesn’t have a Dutch roundel because there is no need to represent them as separate to the Nazis, as they weren’t. The Canadian roundels in Canada are meant to be representative of their contribution to and significance in the war, and that they were an independent nation at the time, not to show that they are a separate in the game itself.

As for the Belgian Congo, it does not have a roundel due to the fact that it does not need to be shown as separate to the UK.

• @hewhoisnickel:

The Dutch roundels in the Dutch East Indies show that they are separate from the UK to start. They are not controlled by anybody. The Netherlands doesn’t have a Dutch roundel because there is no need to represent them as separate to the Nazis, as they weren’t. The Canadian roundels in Canada are meant to be representative of their contribution to and significance in the war, and that they were an independent nation at the time, not to show that they are a separate in the game itself.

As for the Belgian Congo, it does not have a roundel due to the fact that it does not need to be shown as separate to the UK.

Belgium small, Canada friend of big USA, stop looking for excuses. Plus the fact that the Belgian government was in exile in London (“Belgian Congo, administered from London” ;) ), so it’ll probably have been the British who pulled the strings of what happened with the Congo. Uranium export to fuel the Manhattan project for instance. A roundel to signify independence and significance in the war, LOL  :roll:

• Exactly. And one even bigger lack of logic in not having Azores in the map.

Azores are 9 portuguese islands in the middle of Atlantic half way from USA and Europe and nowadays Lages is the most important naval base USA has due to the strategic location of Azores and during wwii was very important to refuel the USA naval squad.

As i said before, Atlantic is a lot wider in reality than in aa games.

• It’s already called “Belgian” Congo on the map, that’s enough, i think. (and i’m Belgian)

By teh way, on the new Europe map there is some text between brackets under “Belgian Congo”, but it is too small to read on the current map pictures. Anyone who can read it?

• Belgian congo
    (Administrated from London)

• Customizer

I solved this problem on my map by making the Congo an impassable jungle zone; the coastal strip is given to Angola.

There are so many problems with the roundels used (USSR is a fantasy, Italy is the Allied design, Canada maple leaf appeared post war, DEI should be orange triangle etc. etc. etc.) that griping about Congo is spitting in the face of a hurricane.

I also think there should be more islands in the north Atlantic, south Atlantic and Indian Oceans as landing strips for aircraft, particularly if you’re going to include the likes of Malta and Cyprus so close to land.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m