• Looking at the combined map and the New rules, Every deploy unit phase the U.S.S.R. gets to deploy 2 infantry on Novosibirsk as long as its at war. This territory is connected with China and so speaking these units every turn could be sent into china to help support the Chinese. Already with stacks of units on the Manchuria boarder how would these units effect the Pacific side? thoughts?

P.S. may need to be moved to Pacific 1940 sorry about that.  :wink:

• the two free infantry is a europe only rule….not in global

• Is that confirmed by an “official source”?

• Are the Russians allowed to move into Chinese controlled areas anyway?? Perhaps I’ve been playing too much World at war 2005 lately. In that game they aren’t allowed to enter Chinese areas unless ocuupied by the Japanese…At the very least the Russians should lose their 5 IPC bonus each turn (national objective).

• I didn’t understand the point of that 2 infantry rule at first, but now I assume that it’s to simulate the western transfer of Siberian divisions. That wouldn’t make much sense for Global, seeing as those divisions actually exist and the player can move them west whenever he wants, but yeah an official confirmation would be nice.

• @oztea:

the two free infantry is a europe only rule….not in global

@McMan:

I didn’t understand the point of that 2 infantry rule at first, but now I assume that it’s to simulate the western transfer of Siberian divisions. That wouldn’t make much sense for Global, seeing as those divisions actually exist and the player can move them west whenever he wants, but yeah an official confirmation would be nice.

I’m assuming the same.  We only found out about that rule with DJensen’s Europe rules preview; he has not yet done a global rules preview, so we will have to wait to see for sure whether the 2 infantry spawn rule remains.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m