• thanks for voting :mrgreen:

• Let’s face it how can you not like a battleship. It’s always fun to shout.  Man you sunk my battleship!

• I like bombers, range + attacking power= awesome

• '22 '19 '18

Figthers can do it all, attack, defend, movement range, they can land on AC and scramble for defense.  There is no piece more versitile or valuable.

• I like Fighters they can do stuff.

• i agree that fighters are a really good unit. but they cannot conquer a territory. and tanks can blitz + 2 space movement + a huge stack of german tanks outside stalingrad or moscow is always good.

• I had to vote for the Infantry, they are the workhorse of every army, tried and true, and its always fun to rant and shout obscenities at them when you have 12 on the attack and STILL cant roll any ones!!  :lol:

• Once I rolled for six and hit 5 ones, my friend was so pissed off!!!  :lol:

• '18 '17 '16 '15 Customizer

Who can argue a Battleship being the most intimidating unit on the board? Big bucks, but big guns!

I agree they are not always the most economical or practical of choices, and they are limited, being a ship… but they are the most beautiful things to see in your fleet. If someone has a Battleship, you take another look before attacking.

Heavy bombers may strike more fear… but my vote goes to the battleship as Favorite.

• I picked the tank.

• @maverick_76:

Once I rolled for six and hit 5 ones, my friend was so pissed off!!!  :lol:

I would have flipped!!!  and more then likely flipped the board too

• But on my 3 or less rolls I had like 15 and only hit like 3. So it evens out in the end.

• Carrier is my choice.  1 carrier effectively adds a lot of option for up to 4 fighters and tacs.  You don’t have to take over land or an island if you have the floating island……  And now with 2 hits to sink  :-D

Also, the fastest and most cost effective way to build fleet defense if you already have the fighters.  You can build a lot more fleet defense without committing as many IPC’s for when you need to abandon a navy (Germany/Italy).

They look really cool and are the only unit that can hold other units.  It didn’t take long to discover that they were the REAL kings of the sea…

• The aircraft carrier (CV).

Floating sovereignty and a fortress all combined into one vessel. Able to bring fighters and tactical bombers into the fray of combat in order to strike the enemy at land, sea, and air. A valuable component to all nations whom seek dominance and support.

Essentially, a war winner.

• @Admiral:

The aircraft carrier (CV).

Floating sovereignty and a fortress all combined into one vessel. Able to bring fighters and tactical bombers into the fray of combat in order to strike the enemy at land, sea, and air. A valuable component to all nations whom seek dominance and support.

Essentially, a war winner.

Yay!  CV just went from zero fans to two just like that!

• Gotta go with Tanks on this one…nothing looks cooler than a huge stack of chips with a tank on top, backed up by some infantry (meat shields). :mrgreen:

• Combined forces are best and you should never attack without them, but for a single unit , the BOMBER is my weapon of choice. Can strike deep into enemy territory,hit ratio is 2 out of 3, is only slightly more expensive than a fighter. BOMBER with heavy bomber tech and long range aircraft tech can strike Capitals way behind enemy lines and bring opponent to their knees. Only negitive, has no defensive value. Pure offensive weapon. These aircraft won the war in both theaters hands down. if you see your opponent starting to buy lots of bombers, your days might be numbered.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m