• Not sure if someone has done this already, but here’s a piece count for every unit that came with my game…

Axis and Allies Spring 1942  Unit listing
    12 Ind. Complexes
    12 Anti-air guns
    20 Control Markers per Nation

US:
    15 Infantry
    6 Artillery
    6 Armor
    8 P-38 Fighters
    6 S. Bombers
    6 Submarines
    6 Destroyers
    4 Cruisers
    4 Battleships
    4 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports

Japan:
    20 Infantry
    6 Artillery
    6 Armor
    8 Fighters
    4 S. Bombers
    6 Submarines
    6 Destroyers
    4 Cruisers
    4 Battleships
    4 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports

UK:
    20 Infantry
    6 Artillery
    8 Armor
    8 Fighters
    6 S. Bombers
    6 Submarines
    6 Destroyers
    4 Cruisers
    4 Battleships
    2 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports

Germany:
    20 Infantry
    8 Artillery
    12 Armor
    8 Fighters
    4 S. Bombers
    6 Submarines
    6 Destroyers
    4 Cruisers
    2 Battleships
    2 Aircraft Carriers
    6 Transports

USSR:
    20 Infantry
    8 Artillery
    10 Armor
    8 Fighters
    2 S. Bombers
    4 Submarines
    4 Destroyers
    2 Cruisers
    2 Battleships
    2 Aircraft Carriers
    4 Transports

10 Dice
    10 Red Chips
    50 Grey Chips

Anyone else’s different?
    Anyone else think that 2 carriers is low for UK?  Maybe Russia should have more infantry?

• That is pretty cool. I don’t know if anyone has done this before but I like having it all laid out like that. And I think the UK maybe should have another carrier or two. It is debatable though. You could always paint over your Russian ones?

• The US needs more battleships, I had a game where I had 2 in the Baltic and 5 scattered in the Pacific.

• C-strabala on this site has already compiled several lists. Find them on Boardgamegeek

• @reloader-1:

C-strabala on this site has already compiled several lists. Find them on Boardgamegeek

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/46396/axis-allies-1942-parts-inventory

• bump

• Needs more grey chips, and more Carriers for UK, and more battleships for USA.@Dylan:

The US needs more battleships, I had a game where I had 2 in the Baltic and 5 scattered in the Pacific.

wow, how id you get BBs in the baltic?

• @Imperious:

bump

it’s night where I am, so this makes imperious leader the thing that goes bump in the night

@empireman:

Bought them.

• @Bunnies:

@Imperious:

bump

it’s night where I am, so this makes imperious leader the thing that goes bump in the night

@empireman:

Bought them.

No, how did they end up there?

• Yeah, my copy of Spring 1942 didn’t come with enough pieces. I had two “classic” A&A’s so I raided one of them. The Germans weren’t the right color, so I got some black spray paint for plastics, mainly for fighters and bombers.

The Japanese needed Tanks, fighters, bombers and transports, so I painted them with plastic paint as well. A little harder to find, but found some at a hobby shop.

Both the Brits and U.S. Needed transports, and the Brits needed fighters, and the colors matched in both versions.

Another thing I’ve done to reduce confusion (lost a major battle once by confusing a destroyer for a cruiser) was to paint the tops of minor ships, cruisers have red masts, destroyers have yellow and transports are white. The rest are highly distinguishable…

• My friend just bought two copies of Spring 42…solved lots of problems…then bought the special die and containers for them…then we black sharpied Europe…hard to see territories…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m