• Wow first post…

Anyways so I did some calculations and if I’m correct then Russia is going to be roughly 40-44 inches in length and about 15-17 inches tall… Thats freaking huge… Just thought that was interesting

• Welcome Sloan, yep that’s a lot of red territories. Germany will have its hands full.

• Yeah, it’s more then just 24 IPCS, I never understood why, they had big “Mother Russia” so small.

• Historically, I think, the eastern invasion didn’t hurt Russia that much. They were still able to send waves of man after waves. AA doesn’t seem to take that into account :)

• Just a game balacing abstraction.

• well for those of you how want that use this rule russia can buy inf for 1 ipc but has 1ATK and 1DEF

• @i:

well for those of you how want that use this rule russia can buy inf for 1 ipc but has 1ATK and 1DEF

Well for those of you who want to use this rule that, Russia can buy infantry for 1 IPC, but has 1 attack and 1 defense.

Anyways where did that rule come from?

• 2 IPC would be a little more fair than 1 considering in one turn you could have a stack of 30 inf to soak up hits while your arm/ftr did the dirty work.

Anyway, A larger Russia will change the war in Europe and force the Germans to put more forces in the East than before or else face the same end as they did in real life.  Unless of course they start with a vast horde well beyond anything they had in real life to stomp the Russians, U.K. and win in North Africa without much of a challenge.

• If you read Larry’s posts about his AAG40 games, it sounds like Russian infantry waves are a good and useful tactic this time around.

• Customizer

The problem for Russia was that the vast majority of it’s industrial base was situated in the far west of the country, hence within striking range of a German attack.

Without the new industrial areas in the Urals and Kuzbas the Soviets would have struggled to keep their armies supplied with modern weapons, however many raw recruits they had available.

This is why they should start A&A with an industrial complex in the Urals region to fall back on if Ukraine/Leningrad/Stalingrad/Moscow all fall (assuming the game doesn’t have the silly capture-the-capitol rules.)

• If Moscow falls, it’s all over. Germany builds 10 tanks in Moscow, and never looses it…ever.

• also with the 23 inf from europe and the 18 in the east Russia will have 41 inf! very nice

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m