• Does anybody know if larry will use new techs or not.

• Paratroopers launch from airbases, and i am guessing there are notable changes too mech inf and jet fighters.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

Paratroopers launch from airbases, and i am guessing there are notable changes too mech inf and jet fighters.

Actually I don’t think mech inf will be a tech at all.

• @allboxcars:

What do you think will replace it? I was thinking it would allow mech inf to pull along an artillery.

I also hope war bonds is rid of, that tech was stupid.

• @Emperor_Taiki:

@allboxcars:

What do you think will replace it? I was thinking it would allow mech inf to pull along an artillery.

I also hope war bonds is rid of, that tech was stupid.

Why? I actually liked that one.

• war bonds is just boring compared to the others

• Mech Infantry is a tech

• @Dylan:

Mech Infantry is a tech

Really? Says who?
    LH listed improved mech inf. Not mech inf itself.

• @Axisgirl:

whoa thats pretty harsh. No need to get uptight. Jesus its not a big deal

my bad. Consider it removed.

In it’s place I’ll say….
    “No, I stand by my earlier post.
    To repeat: mech inf is something you build. The tech is an improved mech inf.”

• @allboxcars:

@Axisgirl:

whoa thats pretty harsh. No need to get uptight. Jesus its not a big deal

my bad. Consider it removed.

In it’s place I’ll say….
    “No, I stand by my earlier post.
    To repeat: mech inf is something you build. The tech is an improved mech inf.”

What does it do? Like faster of more stronger.

• The only posiblities for Improved Mech Infantry is one or a combonation of the following:
    They become 2/2
    They can blitz without a tank
    They can carry an infantry with them at 1:1

• @oztea:

The only posiblities for Improved Mech Infantry is one or a combonation of the following:
    They become 2/2

Has it been confirmed the can’t move faster?

• I think all LH said was that the tech would improve them. I could be wrong but I haven’t seen more detail.

My point was that mech inf itself would remain something you buy not something that sits in your game box waiting for a magic dice roll.  :-)

• No land unit has ever moved 3 spaces
    No tech has ever given a +2 to attack or defense value.
    What I have stated are the only logical options……but something illogical might occur.

• @oztea:

No land unit has ever moved 3 spaces

Well these are new times we live in, the point of Mech is because of their speed, and if they get an attack bonus who would ever buy[/] an artillery and you can’t say because of advanced artillery either.

• @Dylan:

@oztea:

No land unit has ever moved 3 spaces

the point of Mech is because of their speed,

The point of mech is there armor, on a strategic scale like A&A all units would move at more or less the same rate. All armor is moved by train just like men. If an armored unit litteraly tried driving thousands of miles all the tanks and hafltracks would breakdown and fall apart and then be passed up by foot soldiers.

• @oztea:

The only posiblities for Improved Mech Infantry is one or a combonation of the following:
    They become 2/2

Personally, I’d hope that it’s the middle one. It seems to be the most historically correct IMTO.

Becoming 2/2 implies an increase in lethality which is more like a late Cold War development (Bradleys and other MICV/IFVs) whereas blitzing would be a doctrinal development and enhancing the mobility of your logistics to continue offensive operations.

As for the last one. I can’t see the lift capacity increasing… while I’m guilty of thinking of APCs as armoured taxis it’s not like a mech inf formation carries a bunch of empty vehicles on it’s order of battle just to pick up strays on the side of the road.

• So back to Para troops for a sec. Bombers need to be at an air base and they can carry 1 infantry each still?

• Bombers are not required for Paratrooping

A friendly airbase may serve as a launch pad for up to two infantry, up to three spaces away, these infantry must attack a territory that you are attacking with other land forces (by land or amphibious invasion). They can be targeted by AA

• '20 '18 '16 '13 '12

What if a Mech was allowed to tow an Artillery as a tech. This would make both mech and art a much more useful build.

That’s my guess anyway…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m