• Is there a second edition coming out anytime soon. Larry mentioned a second edition with possibly some slight changes (move a couple naval bases) and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

• Like the 2nd edition a reprint or a remake?

• @Wilson2:

Is there a second edition coming out anytime soon. Larry mentioned a second edition with possibly some slight changes (move a couple naval bases) and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

I think it’s sort of like the anniversary “reprint.”

• @calvinhobbesliker:

@Wilson2:

Is there a second edition coming out anytime soon. Larry mentioned a second edition with possibly some slight changes (move a couple naval bases) and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about it.

Was there a difference for AA50.

• @Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Wilson2:

There was only 1 print run for AA50.

• @skinny1:

@Dylan:

@calvinhobbesliker:

@Wilson2:

There was only 1 print run for AA50.

So by “reprint”  he means what was “going to happen.”

• @Axisgirl:

I hope they reprint it. Its over 500 online.

Europe/Pacific 40 will be better then AA50.

• @Dylan:

@Axisgirl:

I hope they reprint it. Its over 500 online.

Europe/Pacific 40 will be better then AA50.

It will also be a lot more involved and probably a much longer game as well. I think AA50 will still have an audience. It could also be difficult to put G40 in a tourney format.

• @WILD:

It will also be a lot more involved and probably a much longer game as well. I think AA50 will still have an audience.

Exactly.  AA50 will definitely still be very popular.  The sheer number of possibilities and calculations of the 1940 global game will be much greater and I know I for one will be playing both.

I certainly don’t see 1940 as a replacement for AA50 in the way the AA50 effectively replaced everything before it (and Spring 1942 after it).  For another thing, they start at two very different times, separated by 2 years.

• @gamerman01:

@WILD:

It will also be a lot more involved and probably a much longer game as well. I think AA50 will still have an audience.

Exactly.  AA50 will definitely still be very popular.  The sheer number of possibilities and calculations of the 1940 global game will be much greater and I know I for one will be playing both.

I certainly don’t see 1940 as a replacement for AA50 in the way the AA50 effectively replaced everything before it (and Spring 1942 after it).  For another thing, they start at two very different times, separated by 2 years.

People are already talking about alternate setups, it will be put aside a bit like the Revised most-likely was in a way.

• @Wilson2:

Well, a “second edition” would certainly be nice!  Like one where a J2 or J3 or J4 attack actually makes sense!  They don’t need to reprint the game, just alter the rules/setup a bit.

• @gamerman01:

@Wilson2:

Well, a “second edition” would certainly be nice!  Like one where a J2 or J3 or J4 attack actually makes sense!  They don’t need to reprint the game, just alter the rules/setup a bit.

In a way isn’t this a reprint though?

• @Dylan:

In a way isn’t this a reprint though?

In a way, perhaps, but it’s not a reprint when it’s something that can be put in a FAQ/errata or on the internet or a piece of paper.

If you don’t need to reproduce the entire game, it’s not a reprint, the way I look at it.

• @gamerman01:

@Wilson2:

How about just fixing the errors on the map, set ups and rule book?

• @skinny1:

@gamerman01:

@Wilson2:

How about just fixing the errors on the map, set ups and rule book?

Why make it again because of petty problems like that.

• With all of the foul ups in the set up, and in the rule book, it makes perfect sense to have a second edition.

And if you’re going to do that, why not incorperate a better game set up at the same time, as it seems reasonably possible that the OOB game rules don’t produce a good game and…dare I say, are broken…(ducks for fear of having objects flung my way)

@cminke:

i dont want to spend an extra 100 on a new game!

I didn’t want to spend $100 on a broken game either! (ducks back behind desk again)

• They might do a second reprint with a new battle board and set up cards, along with a better rule book. I don’t see them changing anything up, rather just fixing the stuff that is wrong. The same thing was done in the original A&A, not really any major changes but minor, yes.

• @cminke:

i dont want to spend an extra 100 on a new game!

I didn’t want to spend $100 on a broken game either! (ducks back behind desk again)

Well if you get Europe 40, the game won’t be broken
    :-o shocking I know.

• I wonder if they will reissue both games in one box a few years from now. Maybe tweak it a bit and do just a global format. Could be like a collectors edition for $150.00 to $200.00.

• @Dylan:

Well if you get Europe 40, the game won’t be broken
    :-o shocking I know.

Europe doesn’t change a thing if you want to play Pacific as a stand alone. :?

There were some quotes from Larry in another thread on here, that someone took from the Harris website. They indicated that all along Pacific was intended from the begining to be a stand alone game.

Granted the Global game will be fun (I hope), there was the strong appeal for me that with the two games, there were going to actually be three games to have the option of playing, depending on time and what mood the players were in.

Not to knock the Europe game, but it has no bearing as far as I’m concerned, on the Pacific game.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m