• Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere on the forums. I’m not allowed to search them for whatever reason…

I’m sure that with 150+ hours or whatever, this has come up and been discussed, but I’d like to know the results. Has anyone tried Allied builds strictly to kill off Japan’s navy as quickly as possibly? I’d heard talk of a B1 carrier, but I can’t remember where, and I think it was referring to blocking India or something… If the Allies, including India, build strictly navy and somehow knock out Japan’s fleet, the DEI are there for Allied taking. I hear lots of complaints that the US can’t get into the game quickly enough, so I’m not sure if India + ANZAC navies can get the job done. What is the general consensus on this kind of plan?

• Kauf will say that Japan starts with an extra 166 ipc’s of navy, and will be outproducing the allies before they catch up

• Nuff said

• How about subs and air power. If US and Anz (maybe even UK) build a bunch of subs they can 1-2 punch smaller Jap fleets protecting DEI. Damage those BB’s and take out the garbage ships with US, then finish them w/British or Anz. Keep chipping away. It does suck though if/when Jap brings its air power to Phil. Then life can get difficult. Its hard to chip away when the Jap fleet is protected w/10+ planes. At least there using them for defense and not for offense though.

• Doesn’t a smart Jap player keep his fleet together to prevent getting chipped away at?

• If you superstack with Japan then you’ll never be able to take enough territory to take over all of the Indies before being outproduced anyway. You’d have to take one island at a time.

• @McMan:

Doesn’t a smart Jap player keep his fleet together to prevent getting chipped away at?

Well maybe near the end they can break it up.

• So, even if Japan divides its navy in order to snag all the DEI, is it still the general consensus that the Allies can’t catch up? If Japan is spreading out its navy to take Java and Sumatra on J2, India can hit it with a cruiser, a destroyer, a carrier if they bought it B1, plus 2 fighters, and maybe two more, if they are based in Singapore. ANZAC can hit with maybe sub, maybe destroyer, if it wasn’t destroyed, possibly 4 fighters, and a sub or destroyer, whatever they bought A1.

• @McMan:

So, even if Japan divides its navy in order to snag all the DEI, is it still the general consensus that the Allies can’t catch up? If Japan is spreading out its navy to take Java and Sumatra on J2, India can hit it with a cruiser, a destroyer, a carrier if they bought it B1, plus 2 fighters, and maybe two more, if they are based in Singapore. ANZAC can hit with maybe sub, maybe destroyer, if it wasn’t destroyed, possibly 4 fighters, and a sub or destroyer, whatever they bought A1.

I mean more for Hawaii and Dutch (like way near the end.)

• My question is, can the Allies, within the first few turns, break Japan’s naval power so that they DEI are up for grabs and Japan can’t defend them. If the Allies can kill off the IJN at the end of the game, good for them, but I want to know about the beginning.

• I have found if the US sticks it Navy out there too soon a smart Japanese player will pick off the US Navy first.  Not sure if anyone else has had this same experience.  And if the US waits a couple of turns to strengthen its Navy the DEI belongs to Japan and the British Navy is gone with that part of the Japanese fleet sailing back to the Phillipines.
        Thats just been our experience for the most part.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m